What are you watching right now?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by IowaShooter, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim Well-Known Member

Baby shark.... AGAIN.... I’m gonna toss the tablet out the window but I know the granddaughter would cry...

SRK97 and Rifling82 like this.
  2. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

3. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

Rambo, im no EOD expert but I think the claymore explosion might have been a little dramatic

Rifling82 likes this.
  4. PeeJay1313

PeeJay1313 Well-Known Member Supporter

Is TV except able??? Im just flipping channels. Nothing is catching my interest... Ok, I'm between TV, Facebook and YouTube.. Back and forth, back and forth... I think its bed time.

Oldoutlaw and Rifling82 like this.
  5. hairbear1

hairbear1 Well-Known Member

V8 Supercars and now the Rugby League national comp.

Tomorrow back to watching the next round of the V8 Supercars.

Mister Dave likes this.
  6. jigs-n-fixture

jigs-n-fixture Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

National Rugby League, Best Tries of 2019. Need to go to bed. If you fall asleep watching YouTube, it just keeps playing on whatever you watched last. Then for the next month you end up with some strange recommendations, because so far as their algorithm knows you watched that six hours of random stuff..

7. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member Supporter

You can turn that off in the settings, by the way. Nix the auto-play stuff ... the automatic next episode, the automatic next choice in the list, the automatic previews, etc. Your sleep patterns will thank you.

8. tac foley

tac foley Well-Known Member

Whadya mean, what am I watching? I'm watching this screen of course.

upload_2020-9-19_14-14-45.png

Rifling82 and ellis36 like this.
  9. G66enigma

Why We Fight (2005) -- documentary film directed by Eugene Jarecki, 98mins.

Summary:

Why We Fight is a 2005 documentary film about the military–industrial complex directed by Eugene Jarecki. The title refers to the World War II-era eponymous propaganda movies commissioned by the U.S. Government to justify their decision to enter the war against the Axis Powers.

Why We Fight was first screened at the 2005 Sundance Film Festival on January 17, 2005, exactly forty-four years after President Dwight D. Eisenhower's farewell address. Although it won the Grand Jury Prize for Documentary, it received a limited public cinema release on January 22, 2006, and then was released on DVD on June 27, 2006, by Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. The documentary also won one of the 2006 Grimme Awards in the competition "Information & Culture"; the prize is one of Germany's most prestigious for television productions and a Peabody Award in 2006.​

10. G66enigma

Recently watched a fairly funny film. A scathing, satirical look at the tobacco industry's "spin" on their product and its effects. Highly recommend it.

Thank You For Smoking (2005) -- with Aaron Eckhart, Cameron Bright, Maria Bello, Robert Duvall, Sam Elliott, and a host of others. Great ensemble cast.

Summary (from IMDB):

Satirical comedy follows the machinations of Big Tobacco's chief spokesman, Nick Naylor, who spins on behalf of cigarettes while trying to remain a role model for his twelve-year-old son.

11. PANDEMIC

PANDEMIC Well-Known Member

Been watching "Cobra Kai" on Netflix and "S.W.A.T" on Hulu.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  12. Rifling82

13. PANDEMIC

Rifling82 likes this.
  14. Rifling82

Watching the movie, I have the book, still haven’t read it yet
    I’ve seen the movie a few times

PANDEMIC likes this.
  15. PANDEMIC

You like it?

I've read the book once and seen the movie a few times. Chris was one hell of a seal.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
    Rifling82 likes this.
  16. Rifling82

Oh yeah its a damn good movie, good guy.... to damn bad he took a mentally ill idiot to the range that day. I wonder what Chris Kyle would be doing today

PANDEMIC likes this.
  17. PANDEMIC

Yeah I know, when I saw the movie for the first time in theaters. I had no idea who he was but at the end of the movie. Him getting killed by one of his own guys he saved pisst me off. I mean saving all those men out there and that's how he gets killed, I mean come on. I read the book which is more detailed then the movie. But even in the end of the movie you could see the guys face that comes by to pick up Chris to go to the range, you could tell something was off about him.

But anyways, he was damn good at what he did.

Have you've seen Lone Survivor? Chris and Marcus were actually friends in real life. They met in BUDS training. I think Chris was in Seal Team 4 and Marcus was in I think Seal Team 8 if I'm not mistaken

Rifling82 likes this.
  18. Rifling82

Yep, lone survivor is a good one too

PANDEMIC likes this.
  19. sheriffjohn

sheriffjohn Well-Known Member Supporter

An old wet Bassett Hound wet from the rain snoring at my feet. He's been in the chicken house stealing eggs again which causes awful gaseous emissions simultaneously. Similarly wet, overweight yellow tom cat has perched atop a pile of stuff on a table next to me apparently reading the Firearms Forum's posts. "Cat Scan" perhaps. TV sucks tonight.

Rifling82 likes this.
  20. G66enigma

The Fog Of War: Eleven Lessons from the Life of Robert S. McNamara (2003) -- A documentary film about the life, decisions and thinking of former U.S. Secretary of Defense Robert S. McNamara, illustrating his observations of the nature of modern warfare.

Very interesting film. I imagined it would be enlightening, but the style of interview and the responses by McNamara make it a cut above average. Disturbing and fascinating. Worth seeing.