What are you doing right now (besides interwebbing)

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by skullcrusher, Jun 5, 2009.

1. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I just put Hostel in the CD player since I can't find anything else to watch. I'm gonna push play once the menu pops up and I get a beer. What are you up to?

2. hydrashok

hydrashok New Member

I'm lying here in my rack in Iraq smelling the sand that my A/C is blowing into this tiny room at 4:45am wishing I could be sleeping now. I'm thinking about my webserver that blew up yesterday, and how I wish I was home to fix it. I'm thinking about my house that I've not spent one night in, and how I'd love to add on to it... building a deck, add a door from the master bedroom to my back yard. I'm thinking about taking my boys hunting for the first time this year with their new rifles I bought for them. I'm wondering if I'm going to be able to survive off my new gun store and firing range once my deployment checks stop.

...not much, really.

3. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Just came in from the gunsmith shop in my back yard. Trying to cold blue my old mossberg.

4. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

You have AC there? Don't let the left know because they will think you are soft. :eek: We who know, do not think so.

I keep pushing pause to get a nicer look at all the t&a in Hostel. Eli Roth has a sick mind, no wonder Tarantino backs him. It is a good movie, right up Benning's alley...I wonder if Benning's real name is Eli....play

5. propex

propex New Member

Cutting the lights off to go up stairs to read before bed

6. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Goodnight, propex. If I may ask, what are you currently reading?

7. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Finishing a game of Civilization 4 (stopping for the night at least). Then I'm finishing up "Wolves of the Calla" by Stephen King, book 5 of his "The Dark Tower" series, I think anyone on this forum would appreciate the series. When do you get home hydrashok?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
  8. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

Been listining to Blue Oyster Cult album. The track "Godzilla" is on right now. Gotta' turn it up!

9. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Did Dark Towers have the "Misery" story or the "Shawshank Redemption" story? I can't remember. I'm thinking "Misery".

10. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

"Go go Godzilla".

Can anyone tell that Mrs. Skullcrusher and little Skullcrusher are out of town? I'm friggin' bored, save for the "we are going to the spa, you should come" deal going in Hostel right now.

11. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

How'd it go? Any tips?

Man, Natalia in the movie has a front. Dang...

12. user4

user4 New Member

Watching "The Last Days Of Frankie The Fly". Played a little Xbox earlier. Probably pray for a break in later so I can give you guys a range report on my new Colt.

13. Yunus

Yunus New Member

I don't think it has either. It does include Salem's Lot characters as well as The Stand and a few other books.
    It's about "The Gunslinger" and his quest to save the universe.

14. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I read Salem's Lot many years ago. The movie was pretty good. Nathaniel Hawthorne's grandfather was the presiding judge, no?

Anyway, King has written too many books and short stories to keep them all straight. Great writer, but he is too liberal in politics. He should never let his political views be known. Same with any other celeb or rock star. Shut up and do what you do so well...jmho.

15. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Well the characters in this book are not liberal at all. There core belief is that when they come onto a situation if they deem the weak to be good and the strong to be bad they must take action even if it means certain doom and they can receive no compensation for their actions. They are from the line of a spin off of King Arthur.

16. hydrashok

hydrashok New Member

NOT SOON ENOUGH!! :)

We got here the first of November, and we'll be home no later than then end of August. I missed my boys' entire school year, and all three of their birthdays. My oldest turns 9 on Thursday.

17. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Your in the home stretch almost. If there's anything you need while your there just say the word.

18. falseharmonix

falseharmonix New Member

Hydra, you're a good man. Thank you for your sacrifices. You have a free beer in Illinois if you ever stop by.

I'm currently sipping on some single malt and getting ready to stream some cheesy b-movies off of Netflix.

19. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Listening to the other 4 guys complain about the groupies, and the miserable quality of the "booger sugar". I'm trying to write, and it's party, party, party.

Eff it, they don't know that the contract is almost up, and then I'm solo. They're so stoned, they've missed negotiations between me and Sony. I've carried them long enough. And stadiums in Prague are miserable.

Couple of the groupies want to go hang at this local place, sounds interesting. Check you guys later.:cool:

20. Ubergopher

Ubergopher New Member

I'm playin' the new Red Faction. I LOVE it.