Firearms Talk banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,995 Posts
I will carry what I carry most days ........ empty pockets .
Oh, hell, Ron, that goes without saying. I may have empty pockets too, but I have a belt full of iron, for I shall never allow someone to take the dust from my pocket! ;)

·
Premium Member
11,503 Posts
About 40 extra pounds.

Better than the 54 I was carrying three months ago.

3.5 inch Rough rider, white pearl bird's head, with the .22 WMR cylinder, and a NAA reload carrier that gets me 6 reloads. Did some testing with a friend of a SD designed .22WMR ammo, at her place, with a few ballistic gel blocks. Impressive stuff out of that short barrel. Also tested the new SD option in .22 LR from CCI, and was also impressed.

Yes, I was playing hooky from the shop today, and took the bike out for a ride. PC800. Stopped at Barnes and Noble on the way back, grabbed the latest release by Stephen King Later, and a reprint of the original Creepshow Comic book, as I was also testing out a new leg bag for the bike, with a built in holster.

Smallest thing I've concealed in it so far, carries the Speed Six, 92FS, and the P95 perfectly, as well as the shooting and riding essentials. And no one ever questions it, as it doesn't look like a holster.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Church today. Ruger American full size 45acp, spare,mag, 1911 officer model plus 2 spare mags, stun gun, db9 bug.

My sunday go to meetin duds

·
Registered
495 Posts
Traded out the Makarov 380 for a Hellcat a while back. IWB Alien Gear Shapeshift 4.0 holster. Now searching for a rubber grip sleeve as the rough texture on the grip is very abrasive on the skin.

·
Premium Member
5,789 Posts
Just got back from the country buffet. Had my S&W model 12 inside the belt.

·
Premium Member
11,503 Posts
Speed Six with the new Pachmar presentation grip, and luninescent painted front sight

G19 earlier, with the Green CT rear sight. Trying out the wife's new Alien Gear, as she got the 19 shell, along with the 26 shell. Not bad, but as I have said before, I am not big on IWB, ad only carried that way in NY, with the Hardballer. Had laser league after I left the shop tonight, so it was that or the M9, which I used last week (Red CT grips.)

Although I did go above and beyond when I ran it, last week. Broke out the M12, and the Molle 2 mag pouch, a friend sent me from a surplus lot he bought on eBay. Forgot how well they carry in the surplus flap holster. Still have it in there, and might carry it again tomorrow, down at the shop.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Is this a thing that people really have to stop and think about?

I carry one of three 9mm Glocks based on my concealment needs.

For the next three days it will be a Glock 43.

·
Registered
894 Posts
" Is this a thing that people really have to stop and think about? "

Kind of like putting on pants before leaving.
This does remind me of a story I just can't pass up. In college days when my, then girlfriend now wife, was walking on her way to class on a cold, windy, winter day, notices things seemed kind of unusually cold. She then realized she had put her coat on over a slip and forgot the dress (when women wore dresses). Back to her room to finish getting dressed....we still laugh.

Once in a blue moon I do leave and forget a weapon and it does feel naked, to your point. I've been carrying since 19 y.o. and I'm quite a bit older than that now. No background checks of any kind at that point in time and less crime. Society has changed. There is no middle ground. That could be another book...

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
A SIG P938 pocket carry & a cheap pocket knife. LOL
Obviously I not worried about using the knife.

·
Registered
894 Posts
The same thing I carried yesterday, last week, last month and last year, and the same thing I will be carrying tomorrow. A 1911 in a Galco King Tuk. I have been thinking about swapping over to the Rami, but I doubt that I will. I carry what I shoot best, what I have confidence in, and what I have a history with. Then again, I tend to stick with what works; I am still on my first wife.
So, are you carrying a gun, your wife, or both? Congrats on the first wife! I'm not about to change either. We don't seem to be so common on that any more.

·
Premium Member
14,346 Posts
Since the boating accident, I have nothing to carry.

Tried carrying a cop, but he was too heavy and was always wanting to go get donuts.. Also, impossible to conceal.
How about one of these.

Reactions: j102
21 - 40 of 73 Posts