What are you afraid to shoot?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by dcp1987, Mar 22, 2009.

1. dcp1987

dcp1987 New Member

soo i went to a gun show today and i found a derringer style gun that shoots either a 45 long colt or a 410 shotgun shell. it has 2 barrels side by side and looks like a tiny shotgun. i was going to buy it but i thought about it too long and someone else picked it up. but i was thinking that's gotta be a scary gun to shoot.
    soo what guns are you afraid to shoot?

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I am not afraid to shoot a god damn thing. Weapon. Man. Beast. or "other" -

Not only will I shoot any weapon, but I will also shoot it at any Zombie walking SOB that endangers my family or my livelihood...

JD

3. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

I haven't come across anything I'm afraid to shoot yet.:p

4. Jay

Jay New Member

...well, I would start with..... oh, wait..... you said WHAT, not who...... it's probably best I don't say ..... :rolleyes:

5. ladyM

ladyM New Member

I am not sure that the term "afraid" is befitting most that post here.
    What I would rather respond to would be a question regarding the "comfort" factor of any particular cartridge when being fired.
    Any fool can do most anything "once". It is the health and well being of those of us remaining that is significant.
    ....................................................γεννημα εχιδνων

Last edited: Mar 23, 2009
  6. WDB

WDB New Member

I'm not affraid to shoot any firearm I have check out and know it is in good working order. All the same I'm not quick to shoot a gun handed to me unless I've seen to owner shoot it first. I do own a old 10 ga double barrel shotgun that while not affraid to shoot I don't shoot often.

7. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Any weapon that requires a shell I cannot physically pick up!

[​IMG]

8. Bighead

Bighead New Member

Anything made by Jennings, Lorcin, Bryco, Raven Arms....

9. Biohazurd

Biohazurd New Member

Ill really shoot anything, But if its something uncomfortable to like a large caliber derringer i would just shoot it a hella lot less.

10. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

I shot a 12 GA. derringer a long time ago. Never again.

11. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I will shoot anything at least 5 times.

12. BillM

BillM Active Member Supporter

Shot a Ruger #3 in 460 Weatherby Magnum ONCE. There would
    have to be serious incentive (megabucks, charging T-Rex) for
    me to do it again.

13. yankee13fore

yankee13fore New Member

afraid to shoot?

even though i'm a novice to shooting handguns, a friend let me shoot his 44 magnum Ruger! I shot that better than my new XD 9mm. only thing i didn't like was the checkering on the grip. it tore into the web between the thumb and forefinger. other than that, it was fine.

14. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

I wouldn't feel too safe firing off something made by the "ring of fire" folks (i.e. Jimenez, Lorcin, etc....).

15. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

I shot a 600 nitro express 1 time and BOTH barrels went off at same time. Now I've seen handguns firing that cartridge as well as the .50bmg round. I'll pass on shooting those as I know what the 600 rifle did to me when both barrels went off.:eek:

16. Bob Wright

Bob Wright Member

After shooting the guns I made as a kid, I'm usually game to shoot anything!

Did have an over/under deringer, made from copper tubing, blow out the breech, making the gun kick sideways.

Yeah, NOW I know the difference between copper tubing and steel.

Bob Wright

17. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

I'm afraid of shooting my mouth off around mama. She normally puts me in my place quite handedly. As far as firearms, those with Damascus barrels concern me. I like to do the old vice long string thing.

Run Away, Run Away. For you young'n, that a Monte Python bit.

18. sgtdeath66

sgtdeath66 New Member

the great white rabbit:D well i wouldnt be scared just hesitant. that would be a barrett bolt gun in 50 BMG, i would prolly cream my jeans when i went up to shoot it tho:cool:

19. 741512th

741512th New Member

Zombies. They just don't stay down. And the whole "shooting in the head" thing is a myth. It doesn't do any good.

20. jeepcreep927

jeepcreep927 New Member

I have shot 50 BMG semi and bolt guns and they where really not too bad (save the muzzle blast).

The only thing I've fired that I would not really enjoy doing again was a 3" S&W model 29 with some damn stout loads. I can find a use for ANY gun, or so I thought.