Firearms Talk banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
soo i went to a gun show today and i found a derringer style gun that shoots either a 45 long colt or a 410 shotgun shell. it has 2 barrels side by side and looks like a tiny shotgun. i was going to buy it but i thought about it too long and someone else picked it up. but i was thinking that's gotta be a scary gun to shoot.
soo what guns are you afraid to shoot?

·
Banned
23,968 Posts
I am not afraid to shoot a god damn thing. Weapon. Man. Beast. or "other" -

Not only will I shoot any weapon, but I will also shoot it at any Zombie walking SOB that endangers my family or my livelihood...

JD

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
I haven't come across anything I'm afraid to shoot yet.:p

·
Registered
736 Posts
...well, I would start with..... oh, wait..... you said WHAT, not who...... it's probably best I don't say ..... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
76 Posts
I am not sure that the term "afraid" is befitting most that post here.
What I would rather respond to would be a question regarding the "comfort" factor of any particular cartridge when being fired.
Any fool can do most anything "once". It is the health and well being of those of us remaining that is significant.
....................................................γεννημα εχιδνων

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
I'm not affraid to shoot any firearm I have check out and know it is in good working order. All the same I'm not quick to shoot a gun handed to me unless I've seen to owner shoot it first. I do own a old 10 ga double barrel shotgun that while not affraid to shoot I don't shoot often.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Anything made by Jennings, Lorcin, Bryco, Raven Arms....

·
Registered
335 Posts
Ill really shoot anything, But if its something uncomfortable to like a large caliber derringer i would just shoot it a hella lot less.

·
Premium Member
2,920 Posts
I shot a 12 GA. derringer a long time ago. Never again.

·
Banned
13,934 Posts
I will shoot anything at least 5 times.

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
Shot a Ruger #3 in 460 Weatherby Magnum ONCE. There would
have to be serious incentive (megabucks, charging T-Rex) for
me to do it again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
afraid to shoot?

even though i'm a novice to shooting handguns, a friend let me shoot his 44 magnum Ruger! I shot that better than my new XD 9mm. only thing i didn't like was the checkering on the grip. it tore into the web between the thumb and forefinger. other than that, it was fine.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
I wouldn't feel too safe firing off something made by the "ring of fire" folks (i.e. Jimenez, Lorcin, etc....).

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
I shot a 600 nitro express 1 time and BOTH barrels went off at same time. Now I've seen handguns firing that cartridge as well as the .50bmg round. I'll pass on shooting those as I know what the 600 rifle did to me when both barrels went off.:eek:

·
Registered
888 Posts
After shooting the guns I made as a kid, I'm usually game to shoot anything!

Did have an over/under deringer, made from copper tubing, blow out the breech, making the gun kick sideways.

Yeah, NOW I know the difference between copper tubing and steel.

Bob Wright

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I'm afraid of shooting my mouth off around mama. She normally puts me in my place quite handedly. As far as firearms, those with Damascus barrels concern me. I like to do the old vice long string thing.

Run Away, Run Away. For you young'n, that a Monte Python bit.

·
Registered
962 Posts
the great white rabbit:D well i wouldnt be scared just hesitant. that would be a barrett bolt gun in 50 BMG, i would prolly cream my jeans when i went up to shoot it tho:cool:

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I have shot 50 BMG semi and bolt guns and they where really not too bad (save the muzzle blast).

The only thing I've fired that I would not really enjoy doing again was a 3" S&W model 29 with some damn stout loads. I can find a use for ANY gun, or so I thought.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts