What are the top 1911 brands under 900$?

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by hq357, Sep 29, 2013.

1. hq357

hq357 New Member

Ive never owned a 1911 but ive seen a couple i like and plan to own one day #1 ruger 1911 the logo goes well with the gun stainless with wood. #2 springfield armory 1911s #3 sig suaer 1911s i think its called a scorpion or somthing what other ones should i look out for what do you guys recomend?

2. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

Remington r1 enhanced, very good pistol for the money. Has a match grade barrel

3. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

The STI Spartan is a pretty good one. THe Expert line from Para Ord have a few. I'ds say there's a couple others besides the Expert line that would sell under 900 but I've not seen many in shops to know how far under MSRP they are selling at. I really liek the Para pistols though.:)

4. hq357

hq357 New Member

Ive heard remington was bought out by cerburus or something and they are no longer producing quality gun? Not sure its just a rumor tho

5. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

Freedom Group
    TBH, the Remington 1911's are just Para copies.

IMO the Springfield Armory range Officer in the absolute best value in 1911's today.

6. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

There is no undisputed 1911 king of the hill. For trigger quality I would single out Kimber (under $900) and DE 1911 (under $700). For sights, R1 Enhanced with factory fiber optics, and Kimber with fine Novaks. Thumb safeties, beavertails, serrations are best tried in person. Don't worry about MIM parts, their presence is no longer a serious concern.

Edit. There is no evidence that Cerberus is sabotaging quality at Remington.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  7. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

You can never go wrong with a Springer:cool:

8. fupuk

fupuk New Member

I bought a Ruger Sr1911 about a month ago but havent shot it yet. I got it at Cabela's for $650 and it feels nice but the front sight on mine has to go, its a fiber optic sight but the rear looks like a novak sight. I have the original front sight but havent changed it yet. If they would have had a Springfield mill spec I would have bought that. I have a Springfield TRP and its an awesome shooter, hopfully I will get a mill spec real soon.

9. JW357

JW357 New Member

Oh my what an excellent reason for choosing a gun.

10. steadyshot

steadyshot New Member

Under $900? As mentioned the Remington R1 falls well within this range.

I have had one for about a year now. It has proven to be a solid performer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. fupuk

fupuk New Member

That is a nice looking 1911. Here is the only picture I have of my Sr1911

Attached Files:

12. steadyshot

steadyshot New Member

Very nice. I like the stainless steel satin finish.

13. JonM

JonM Moderator

Colt then a close second springfield after that custom or high end 1911.

14. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

Not to take anything away from your respected pistols. Truth is all 1911's look good on pics. They are just photogenic. Only a custom job can ruin one.

15. limbkiller

limbkiller New Member

Colt:
    01991 great gun for around $850-$900 I own three in 2 calibers.

SA:
    Loaded is a great gun. Mine is great.
    RO is another great choice
    Mil-spec. Excellent choice.

Ruger:
    SR 1911 Another really nice 1911. Love mine.

Magnum Research:
    DE1911G. Mine has the best factory trigger I have ever shot. Real nice guns for less than $700

Remington has several models for less than $900.

STI
    Spartan. Great guns. Mine in 9mm is a blast to shoot.

RIA, ATI, and Metro Arms make some great guns for the money. All 5 of mine have been perfect so far. The good thing about them is you can get 2 for $900.

There are others but these all have great warranties and would be the ones I would look at.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  16. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

I know better than tease a man about his truck, his wife, or his gun.

17. qwiksdraw

qwiksdraw New Member

18. fordracing

fordracing Member

Paid $891 for Smith & Wesson Eseries with laser grips stainless at Buds.com.

Worth looking at if you want a 1911.

American made, warranty, and high quality

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  19. ebowman446

ebowman446 New Member

I have the ruger sr1911 and my father has a rock island. The ruger is nice- adjustable rear sights. Nice action and shooting all around. Beautiful gun. The rock island is decent but defiantly feels like a discount 1911. The sights don't have dots- just a dark metal spine up front. The beaver tale grip on the Rock is short too- where as the ruger tale is pretty beefy. Being a hundred or two apart you can see the difference.

20. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

Here's the one I had

ForumRunner_20130929_230609.jpg