What are the states with the LOWEST/HIGHEST amount of gun control?

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Lessdragon, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Lessdragon

Lessdragon New Member

Ever since I joined this website I have had the growing feeling that maybe its time to leave California. Its gotten to the point where I am having semi serious conversations with the family about it. So I was wondering where is say the top 5 or so states with the LOWEST amount of gun control and then also the top 5 with the HIGHEST gun control
    Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2011
  2. JonM

JonM Moderator

we in wisconsin just passed probably one of the strongest ccw/oc laws in the nation. goes into effect nov1. silencers full auto aow dod all legal to own. no restrictions state wise on types other than nfa federal rules.

i grew up in texas which was pretty good but with scott walker in charge here wisconsin just passed texas in the dust as a gun friendly state.

3. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Arizona is a very gun friendly state.

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Go to the Brady Campaign website. Go to the State rankings. Pick Brady's worst States and you'll be good to go. ;)

Seriously. I just went there and checked it out.

5. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Arizona is probably one of the most gun friendly states. Texas is somewhere up there too.

6. lonewolf101

lonewolf101 New Member

NYC,NJ,MA:D - Arizona is a good State for gun owners!

7. bkt

bkt New Member

Ultra-liberal Vermont has the least gun-control laws in the nation. No joke. It's a beautiful state. New Hampshire right next door is a pretty close second, but it's more conservative and there are actually jobs to be had.

Avoid the following states: California, Illinois, New Jersey, New York.

8. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Florida the "GunShine" State.:p

9. fireguy

fireguy New Member

10. cameronguyton

cameronguyton New Member

According to the Brady website, Alabama is 16 out of 100. Pretty damn gun friendly.

11. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

12. BarryNiven

BarryNiven New Member

QFT. Vermont. Single payer and great gun laws. What the democratic party should be.

13. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Hawaii...they are the top 5 or bottom five depending on how you view it...;)

14. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Doesn't that Brady map look a lot like the 2008 election results? All that beautiful red...:D

15. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

I gotta put in a good word for ORegon. We are filled with ex-Cali's (I am from the OC)!

We are a Shall-issue state. A law-abiding citizen WILL be able to get a carry permit with very few hoops. Open carry is okay in many areas (but I never do that). There is easy access to gun clubs and ranges all around the Portland Metro area.

But Oregon is still not in the top 5. I still feel pretty comfortable here as an active gun-owner.

Washington, even, has pretty lax concealed-carry laws. I've got a WA license even though I live in OR.

I think Vermont would have to be #1, though. And I think in Idaho, they issue you a firearm as you move in. :D

16. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

17. Gordo323

Gordo323 New Member

Utah
    Official State Gun.......The 1911 of course :)
    I was really hoping that would have been the image stamped onto the back of
    the states quarter! But no, something about a trans-continental railroad spike was more important :confused:

18. armsmaster270

armsmaster270 New Member

Live in cali, been to Vermont, If I could I would be gone in a second.

19. machengative

machengative New Member

Colorado is pretty good. Avoid Denver and Boulder areas. Stay western slope, eastern plains or Colorado Springs. Shall issue state and legal OC other than Denver.

20. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

From personal experience, The Great State of Arizona is a dream!!!