What are the most important/coolest accessories for you?

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by Andreasj, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Andreasj

Andreasj New Member

Hi,

I'm a new here, and I have bought several guns (Colt 1911, MP5, Ak 47). I would like to know what type of accessories you are interested in when you buy a weapon.

I know that for some people H&K is so great that they would buy lots of accessories such as t-shirts, decals, which are not important for you weapon or don't even enhance it. What makes you buy those accessories? The attractiveness of the environment created by the weapon manufacturer?

Thank you for you time guys!

A.J

2. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Dont want to come off wrong here, but, have you been by the introductions section yet to tell us all a bit about yourself?

3. Andreasj

Andreasj New Member

No sorry, missed it. I'm going to do it right now.

4. doctherock

doctherock New Member

To answer the question i will say, what makes nascar fans, for, chevy, mopar and all other fans but things that don't enhance their performance? The love of the manufacturer and bragging rights.

5. deth502

deth502 New Member

hk??

plastic pos guns that they dont want to sell to you?

ill pass, thank you.

6. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Guess I am the odd man out- I do not buy wearing apparel that has someone else's name on it. Or brand. Firearm accesories are not a fashion statement- they are things like spare magazines, Hogue grips, upgraded sights, the coffee cup holder on the belt fed MG (keeps coffee warm) or a suppressor. For a rifle it may be a bayonet, sling, muzzle cover, original oiler, etc. My T shirts usually say things like ARMY. Altho I used to have one that said "After 5 days, return to US Army Depot, Ft Benning GA"

7. ScottG

ScottG New Member

A scantily clad hot babe by my side as I'm shooting?

8. Andreasj

Andreasj New Member

Thank you for your answers, actually this might be the subject of a work I'll have to handle in my university.

Concerning weapon business including, guns, accessories, the environment created by weapons manufacturers, events they organize, etc....

Should be very interesting =)

9. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

My picks are magazines and quality holsters. Improvements for me are grips and sights. If I find a firearm worthy, then there may be modifications such as trigger jobs etc.

I'd much rather have lots of ammunition than a bunch of "stuff". Ammo is much more practical.

I don't wear tactical or name brand clothing. I do have a couple of sets of cammies, but they just hang in the closet. If I ever have to break them out, things have gone to Hell.

My attitude and mindset are the most important "accessories" that I bring to the table.

10. ThorsHammer

ThorsHammer New Member

+1

I feel the same. I usually don't wear brand clothing such as from Beretta or Kimber, I'd much rather spend my money on quality holsters and magazines for my pistols. I wouldn't classify a trigger upgrade as an "accessory."

11. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I classified it as a modification. ;)

12. ThorsHammer

ThorsHammer New Member

Indeed, sir, you did. Although the OP was interested in if we have manufacturer merchandise such as t-shirts, hats, a pink fluffy unicorn-shaped holster for that ghey Glock, you know... :D

13. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Ammo is the single most important accessory, followed by magazines.

Gun people tend to be a practical lot, and enjoy an expensive hobby. That doesn't leave alot for swag.

14. Ruzai

Ruzai New Member

I've thought about getting t-shirts from different gun companies but since they were so expensive, I decided against it. Now if I see them in Wal-Mart for a decent price, hell yeah I'll probably go fer it. I find the people who actually do end up buying those type accessories are either stuck up elitists or some sort of avid shooter who wants to support a name of a firearm they are extremely proud of.
    I don’t personally wear any type of gun-associated merchandise because I don’t want to attract extra attention to the fact I might be carrying a firearm.
    Just my opinion tho.

15. LittleBear

LittleBear New Member

Tactical Flashlight. It blinds the enemy when in close quarters, it helps id the possible threat which in turn will affect your next move, also it is very intimidating, sombody gets out of line or surprizes you enters your home without your consent and you shove a barrel in their face and a light in their eye....Most of the time they will punk out, and if not they cant really see anyways which gives you an advantage...

16. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

Just like the ever-popular notion that racking a shotgun slide will invariably scare the crap out of any intruder and send him or her running, trying to "blind" a crackhead does nothing more than give away your position. A light should be used to locate the subject, determine if shooting is warranted, and if so, to help you put more holes in him than a screen door.

17. ofitg

ofitg New Member

I wouldn't spend money for clothing, etc, from any gun manufacturer.

The obvious accessories are ammo and mags (for semiautos).... and now that I've reached "bifocal" age, my eyes don't work so good with iron sights on rifles, so I need some type of optical sight.

18. General-Logic

General-Logic New Member

The first thing I get is a spare magazine, or two. I tend to scour gunshows for grips, holsters and for good deals on 1911 parts and pieces.

When I have AR15s and AKs I'd shop for flash hiders...weird.

19. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Besides mags the only thing you need is ammo. But I am not one that cares much about giving up my money to advertise for some company. I do like a nice set of grips for my 1911's but I make most of those.

20. General-Logic

General-Logic New Member

Absolutely. I have lots of holsters, grips, magazines and various parts but don't own a single manufacturers T-shirt or hat.
    I used to have a 5.56 ammo can full of flash hiders and extensions...still trying to figure out what it is about them I like so much.

I used to enjoy tacticooling my rifles and pistols if possible but there comes a time when you have done pretty much all you can do. Then I'd grow bored and sell it usually at an overall loss and start over with something else. Lately I've been more into basics and no-frills.

I held an underfolding AK today and didn't get it because it had a siderail. Is that bad?