what are the chances

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Ultimate_sig, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

I come to you once again for help with another petition. the last awb petition went great so I plan to start another. I want us all to have the option of multi select fire. I need help on the wording though, so here's your chance to make a stand. I will post the petitions in the necessary place in contact senators for their help. but I asked for yours im helping me put it together. Axee in Viking dad you help me so much before, once again I ask for your help now?

2. TDS92A

TDS92A New Member Supporter

Do we not already have the opportunity to possess such weapons with the proper permits?

3. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

It has limitations and because of the bill only certain arms that are 30 years old can be multi fire. Why are just the rich allowed to own these? Why do we have to pay taxes to exercise our rights? Thats like saying you can only have a v8 if you have a car produce before the 80s.

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

shouldnt need permits and forms to buy any firearm. the average citizen has far more right to full auto military weapons than the military or police do!!

5. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

Thankyou jonm, think this guy is part of the obama admin.

On a side note, do you think the power if thepeople can get this thrown out

6. Flat Tire

Flat Tire New Member

So Obama is the one who put the current firearm laws in place ?????

7. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

No but its admin thats trying to take away our rights

Look guys im trying to do something that helps us all

8. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

And it is his administration that is trying to out more laws and bans into play

9. Flat Tire

Flat Tire New Member

What have they done ???

10. Flat Tire

Flat Tire New Member

And what are you doing to help us all.

11. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

Nothing yet, they have talked about awb, and stricter laws

12. Flat Tire

Flat Tire New Member

So, they talked about it. What did they say ?

13. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

Rid unnecessary restrictions, rid the taxes on these restrictions that make no sense

14. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

This helps us all in that if we wanted a multi select tool we wouldnt have to pay $15000 or if we wanted a sbr we wouldnt have to pay a $200 tax and ask leos if we can own it. Who are they to judge what is alright to own and whats alright to tax to the point of not being able to own....does it make sense to you?

15. Flat Tire

Flat Tire New Member

This $200 tax stamp has been in place for a long time for $200. If you bring a lot of attention to it they might make it go up to $500. Why would you want to do that ?

16. Flat Tire

Flat Tire New Member

I think you are complaining more about your own income then laws and taxes that haven't changed for a long time. I don't think the $200 tax stamp for a suppressor has ever changed, I might be wrong.

17. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

I could afford the supressor but why do you have to pay for a tex stamp. Ill be honest i cant afford a 30 year old rifle for $15,000 but im doin well. I just dont think its right. Its not just about the money, those rifles are old why cant we alter the new ones. That doesnt make much sense either

18. Flat Tire

Flat Tire New Member

The tax stamp hasn't changed since 1934, give me a break. And I would like an original Ford Cobra, but that is just supply and demand, just like your $15,000 rifle. Thats not the guberment.

http://www.legalsilencer.com/?page_id=10

19. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

If there werent restrictions you could do it yourself on a newer rifle. I don't think well find similar ground in this. Its better to agree to disagree....but if i do start a petition and it does work out, whenever your watching that you tube video on the conversion i want you to think of me.;)

20. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Sig,
    While I do admire your spunk, this one is in the hands of Congress. The laws already exist (and has for decades) so there is nothing that the Obama administration can do and even if they could, they wouldn't. This is a very different animal than the AWB. I honestly can't think of any way to approach this under the current administration and Congressional makeup. If there were, I do believe the NRA would be bringing it up.

On another note, the White House petition has just under half the number of signatures needed to pass over the threshold set by the White House. We need to build some more support there. https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/do-not-reinstate-federal-assault-weapons-ban-1994/sC09SX1l

The Signon petition is sitting at 158 signatures. http://signon.org/sign/do-not-renew-the-assault

I am afraid that our efforts have been completely eclipsed there by the opposition. http://signon.org/sign/ban-assault-weapons http://signon.org/sign/ban-assault-weapons

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012