What are some Semi Handgun models with no Safety

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by RandyMarsh, Feb 1, 2012.

1. RandyMarsh

RandyMarsh New Member

I love my Smith M&P. It has no safety on it. I was wondering if anyone can recommend me a 9mm that has no safety or if it's pretty much just limited to certain brands and calibers.

I don't know, I just enjoy how I am live as soon as I insert a magazine, and rack it. I have an intense dislike of Glock and 1911 clone safeties.

Any help would be appreciated thanks!! Oh and what's up with the lack of love for the M&P .45 around here? My other thread is deader then an intruder into my house!

2. orangello

orangello New Member

Have you tried a XD or XDm by Springfield Armory? I have the XD45 with the grip safety and like it fine. They do make a 9mm version.

3. PSYCHOFREAK3

PSYCHOFREAK3 New Member

So you are looking for a 9mm with no safety? I would suggest Glock, but not sure why you said you dislike Glock and lumped them in with 1911 clone safetys?

4. gollygee

gollygee New Member

The KelTec PF9 & P11 has no safety & the new Bersa BP9CC has no safety.

5. RecklessRegard

RecklessRegard New Member

Why not another M&P? Stick with what you know, unless you are trying to broaden your horizon.

6. Paladin201

Paladin201 New Member

None of the Kahrs have a manual safety.

7. Corwin46

Corwin46 New Member

The Sig P250 series pistols have no safety. They come in 9mm, 357 Sig, 40 S&W and 45 ACP.
    Hope this helps. You can also get them in full size, compact and sub compact or get kits to change a single pistol in to any of the others. The nice thing about this is they are registered as a single gun.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  8. JonM

JonM Moderator

im rather fond of the sig p22x series and my favorite handgun atm is the xdm in 45acp

9. rbmorris

rbmorris New Member

I love my CZ 75 D Compact It is DA/SA with a de-cocker. Chamber a round, de-cock it, and the first pull is a very deliberate double action pull. Single action after that. They also go by the term "Safe action" < 2 seconds from concealed to two in center mass with mine.

Attached Files:

10. RandyMarsh

RandyMarsh New Member

thanks guys I'll take this under consideration!

11. glockcoma

glockcoma New Member

The Fnp has no safety unless you get the usg model with safety and decocker.

12. truevil1313

truevil1313 New Member

Sig SP2022
    It's a great gun and no safety.

13. Phelenwolf

Phelenwolf New Member

Second on the Sig's. They are a great pistol. I carry a Sig P226/228 in 9mm or my XD45 daily.

14. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

My buddy just picked up his new 2022. He decided on SIG after shooting my collection and liking my 226.

It's Super Bowl and nursery painting weekend but I should get to shoot it after next week!

Tack

15. armsmaster270

armsmaster270 New Member

Sig 220,226 and 228 Have no manual safety the Safety is between your ears.

16. sharpshot

sharpshot New Member

The Walther PPS has no external safety either.

Be prepared!

Considering the consequences is never wasted time.

17. Balota

Balota ... but I used to play keyboards.

The XD series has two safeties, but when you pick up the (loaded & chambered) weapon you don't need to look around for the manual thumb safety. There is a grip safety (similar to a 1911 grip) and a trigger safety (similar to a Glock trigger). The weapon is ready to fire when you pick it up.

If you want something really simple with no safety, try a revolver!

18. GatorDude

GatorDude New Member

It's a step down from your Smith M&P, but the SW9VE Enhanced Sigma doesn't have an external safety either.