what are my options?

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by cakesterkiller, Jun 15, 2012.

1. cakesterkiller

cakesterkiller New Member

i have a ruger m77 mk2 and I wanna get some trigger work done on it but I can't really find anything that I can do for it

2. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Send it to a REALLY good gunsmith.....me, stalkingbear, and 7mmstw on here could all do it. I can anyways. DO NOT TRY AND MODIFY IT YOURSELF.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2012

3. cakesterkiller

what exactly has to be done? my LGS told me that the reciver has to be milled out and I only have the choice of a 3 lb trigger they didn't tell me anything else about it

4. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

It needs to be milled yes but all the springs will need to be replaced, and all the inner mechanisms will need to be stoned/polished down just a tad

5. cakesterkiller

am I stuck with a 3lb-er? cause the weight of the pull doesn't really bother me it's all the take up before it breaks that I'm looking to get rid of

6. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

if not experianced at doing triggerwork, do not attemp to do it yourself. get a compentent gunsmith to do it for you. it is money well spent to keep the rifle safe to use. trigerwork is not an area to try and modify unless you know waht you are doing.

7. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Travel springs/tension springs can be replaced w stiffer ones. If you don't know how to do it DO NOT TRY IT.

8. cakesterkiller

ok i won't touch it :)... thanks for the info i didn't know anything about what had to be done.. one last question what do ya think is a reasonable price to do full trigger job cause that's all my nearest Smith will do

9. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Anywheres from $30-$160

10. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member