What AR15 you shoot? - CT AR15ers

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by bf109, Oct 18, 2012.

1. bf109

bf109 New Member

I wonder what CT (Connecticut) AR 15er shoot these days. As you know, CT is one of those "Ban State". I think the availability of legal AR 15 is limited.

I'll buy my first factory-built AR 15 soon but am confused by the various configurations of AR 15 from different AR makers. After reading the threads on the forum, I narrowed down my choice to BCM, Noveske and LaRue OBR or PredaOBR. Any suggestions please?

Thanks.

2. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Yes Sir.

You might also look at Rock River Arms, Daniel Defense and Stag. They make some fine rifles.

3. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

I own a PWS MK114. It's a long stroke piston system (think AK47) but in an AR15 platform. It's NJ compliant from the factory as far as the muzzle break goes (14.5" barrel and PWS FSC556 compensator). I had the dealer pin the stock for me and swap out the 30 round mag for a 15 round however. Under $1500, quad rail, Magpul furniture and sights, BCM gunfighter charging handle, enhanced buffer tube, FSC556 comp, 5 QD mounts and it weighs a hair over 6.5 pounds! And she runs so cool and clean you can shoot 100 rounds and then swap out a bolt bare handed no heat or fouling gets transferred to the bcg.

Proprietary? Yes, yes quite a bit. So I bought a complete extra bcg and bolt as spare. No bigs. It shoots great and is a flippin breeze to maintain as compared to my old Stag from back in the day.

The best part at least for me is that as a left handed shooter I get hardly any gases expelled in my face as compared to a DI rifle.