what AR?

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by AddictioN, Jul 30, 2012.

1. AddictioN

AddictioN New Member

ok well im new here and i know this has most likely been asked a million times but im trying to find a well built AR for around 700$ any recommendations is appreciated...im just tired of using yahoo answers so id like to hear from some experienced owners. thanks yall.

how are del-ton rifles?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  2. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

I think Del-Ton offers up some decent stuff at competitive prices. In your price range I think they're a solid choice. My choice might be Doublestar in that price range...nothing more than my own preferences. But Del-Ton, S&W, even DPMS (though some will tell you otherwise) offer solid $600-800 AR rifles.

The other option is to build one. You can probably build a really solid PSA AR for close to $700, or a mil-spec Spikes for $800-900. I'd lean toward the Spike's build, but that may not be what you're after.

3. ZeusEcho

ZeusEcho Member Lifetime Supporter

For $700 I would get the S&W Sport

4. Quentin

Quentin New Member

How much thought have you put into this? Have you read Agent Tikki's sticky and others above? I'd do that first then tell us what you plan to use it for...

5. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

for that price i say S & W or build one your self. if you can make it 1000. i vote for a stag

6. AddictioN

AddictioN New Member

what model of stag?

and im basicly looking for a zombie protection gun if you know what i mean.. basically i want something i can count on if all hell breaks loose and i would also wanna grab it for the back yard coyote. i dont mind paying extra for a stag if its really worth it over a S&W.

thanks guys

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  7. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

I have 2 and one in building. First, model 4 I paid 900. Second, is model 2 paid 1030 for. And so far on my model 2 build about 550. They have had 2 problems due to a few bad bullets. Nothing major just a stuck case. Both are accurate. stag also has great customer service and a lifetime warranty... Here's on of em

Attached Files:

8. AddictioN

AddictioN New Member

thanks fuller beautiful gun you have. have you had any experience with the model 3? its priced at 895 on their website without sights.

9. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

Nope. I've seen it. I think it's pretty nice looking

10. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Why not get a PSA for a tad more in that range.

11. AddictioN

AddictioN New Member

what PSA are you talking about from what i see on their site its just a kit. am i missing a full gun? thanks

12. connectegr

connectegr New Member

I am a Delton fan. I have spent the last 5 months trying to break mine. 3200 rounds and zero problems. I am not rolling it in the dirt or neglecting my cleaning. It is extremely accurate and fast. I bought my Delton Echo 316 for $650. That leave a lot for ammo.

Attached Files:

13. AddictioN

AddictioN New Member

where i nthe world did you get it for 650??? :eek:

14. connectegr

connectegr New Member

Marks Outdoor $699 sticker. And a little negotiation.

15. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

16. AddictioN

AddictioN New Member

thanks yall so the PSA i found is around 750 so not a big difference between the delton and the PSA which one should i get?

17. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

My buddy has a Del-ton I have a couple PSAs and a Spikes . Take your pick neither of us have any problems with any of our guns and they will both run steel and brass without any issues . I have documented over 5800 rounds without any issues in one my PSAs, its only been cleaned one time besides the initial cleaning when new and that was from running 750+ rds of 22lr thru it in a day and it was mega nasty . People will tell you that PSA has a better brand name out there " for what ever thats worth " but there is absolutely nothing wrong with Del-ton and I would be proud to own one of those also .
    there will be lots of people that will tell you to go Colt, BCM, Daniel Defense, Noveske or what ever . I have shot all those except a Noveske and there was no difference in the way they ran . They all ran flawless with what ever we crammed down the chamber .
    Im not bias to any product or brand , all I ask for is a gun thats reliable, accurate and will run what ever you put to it for ammo .
    As far as choosing pick the roll mark on the side that you like and go with it. Another though and in all honesty I would rather have the 1:9 barrel thats on the delton than the 1:7 PSA barrel .

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  18. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Not a bad price where did you find that?

19. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member