what ar

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by xd man, Dec 21, 2011.

1. xd man

xd man New Member

i am new to the AR world and wanted to get some advice where to start and what would be a good dependable choice. my budget is somewhat tight so consider that in the choice. thanks:)

2. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

On a tight budget you can't hardly beat what you get with the Smith & Wesson AR's. PSA, Spikes Tactical, Del-Ton and Rock River are also good choices.

There are some really great Christmas Sales going on right now, so you better act fast. :cool:

3. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

If I were in your shoes PSA would be my choice. W/ PSA you'll get all your mil-spec parts, the others don't offer this at this price range.

4. king1138

king1138 New Member

If you're really on a budget, might I suggest building your own? It's fairly easy, fun, and you get an intimate knowledge of your new firearm. All while saving a little cash as well. Check out PSAs stripped lowers, they often go on sale for 50 bucks and the quality is very nice.

5. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

At PSA prices building your own and ending up w/ the same quality is going to be very difficult.

6. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Very true , I looked in to building one myself and realistically it was within about $50 for a already built PSA. Now just waiting very impatiently for it to get here . :( Im guessing it wont be here by Christmas as I have no tracking number yet and 5 of their 8 rifles available are on back order . im truely hoping the back order helps get my gun out quicker since they arent currently taking any more orders on the out of stock stuff . My next AR will be my own build

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

The reason psa is cheap for fully assembled milspec is they arent charging much if anything for the labor.

8. xd man

xd man New Member

i know this is stupid but what is psa.

9. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

This
    Rifles

I bought a sw sport. good gun and also can be bought below 600 dollars. Both good guns.

10. Quentin

Quentin New Member

On a tight budget, PSA and maybe Spikes are hard to beat. It can be done building your own, even with milspec parts, since you avoid the 11% FET on the complete rifle. Of course any mistakes on your build and you lose.

Honestly we don't know what your specs are so can only give you general answers.

11. jwsturr

jwsturr New Member

Palmetto State Armory

12. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

PSA is living up to their 10 day wait , I placed my order last monday and they called my FFL dealer today for another copy of his license as they had misplaced it . So they must be getting ready to ship it . Guess I wont get to sight in in over my 4 day weekend though :(

13. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

GOt my quantum delivery number looks like its gonna hit my dealer on Friday .

14. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

15. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Gratz dude.

16. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Merry Xmas

Gun Pron plz.

17. jwsturr

jwsturr New Member

Congrats. My lower arrived yesterday. When I talked to PSA, the gentleman said that they had 3500+ orders to fill. So they're doing something right.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  18. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Last year at this time I was hoping my Daniel Defense upper would make it here by Christmas. Then by my birthday... At least after that it finally did come! :D Hope you fare better!