What AR to buy?

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by larich29, Aug 16, 2013.

1. larich29

larich29 New Member

I am looking to buy my first AR. I really don't know what to get. I am looking at a budget around $1000.00. I would like to use it for deer hunting as well as range shooting. Thanks in advance for the advice.

2. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

BCM = Bravo Company Manufacturing

PSA = Palmetto State Armory

Daniel Defense

Spikes Tactical

RRA = Rock River Arms

If you get a carbine, make sure it is a mid-length.

Read all the stickied threads at the beginning of the AR discussion section, all the info. you need is in there.

3. larich29

larich29 New Member

Thanks. I appreciate it.

4. CGS

CGS New Member

Depends on the use of the rifle. For hunting I would want a decent brand rifle. One I could count on. Not necessarily top of the line but certainly not budget either.

I would beware of "deal" AR15's. If you said it was for range plinking only then by all means look for the cheapest possible. You are going to want something that can stand up to the rigors of the field with good coatings, possibly stainless barrels, etc...

5. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

There is nothing wrong with the above deals ^^^^^^^^^. For those that are brand savy I guess we all have a difference of opinion

6. darthjkf

darthjkf New Member

Don't rule out DPMS as a good buy

7. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Actually I would rule out DPMS because you can get much so more for your money. Don't believe me? Just take a look at the PSA links Purehavoc posted above. Amazing deals, one even comes with an Aimpoint Pro! Still in stock a few minutes ago.

PSA has got to be the worst nightmare of DPMS, Bushamster, Windham and their ilk! :D

8. larich29

larich29 New Member

I looked at a Rock River Arms Tactical CAR a4. Looks pretty nice.

9. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

Argyle Armoring, LLC builds a great AR-15 to meet your needs and within your budget.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2013
  10. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

larich,

You certainly could never go wrong with purchasing a Rock River or one of the following. The good thing about the Rock River is the Warranty and the fact it comes with the RRA 2 stage National Match Trigger, Rock River Hogue Rubber Pistol Grip, Star Safety Selector, Front Side Sling Swivel Attachment and other features standard at no extra cost. Also Stag, LMT and Daniel Defense are also top of the line rifles.
    Good luck on your selection!

11. combateffective4

combateffective4 New Member

That second rifle is literally the best deal around I want to buy it cause its a steal but I own 4 ar platforms and don't have a need for it

Also like they mentioned up above
    Most will be over 1k but
    These are battle rifles will last you your life
    Bcm
    Daniel defense
    Spikes

12. combateffective4

13. larich29

larich29 New Member

Thx guys. I appreciate all the info. I'm in no hurry, so I'm gonna take my time and get something worth having. Thx again.

14. larich29

larich29 New Member

That came out wrong. Lol. I was not saying those suggested guns were not worth having. There all great guns. Sry for the confusion.

15. combateffective4

If you find a crazy deal scoop it up man
    Hope you find what your looking for
    Post pix when you get your rig

16. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Colt LE6920. A few bucks more, but well worth it.

17. Dearhunter

Dearhunter Supporting Member Supporter

Well, here is my S&W MP 15 sport, that runs under $800. Its a honey and has never malfunctioned.mShoots very accurate tight groups.

IMG_0256_resized.jpg
    IMG_0258_resized.jpg

18. larich29

larich29 New Member

I have the Vortex Strikefire on my M & P 15-22. I live it alot. U like urs?

19. Sgt_Skrb_25

Sgt_Skrb_25 New Member

The strike fire is nice, but if you want to upgrade for the same price check out the Lucid HD7.