What about this price for a Mossberg 935 Magnum Autoloader?

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by Succinct, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Succinct

Succinct New Member

In my many visits to my local Wal-Mart in search of some ever-elusive 45ACP rounds, I noticed they have in their gun case a bad-a$$ looking 12-gauge Mossberg 935 Magnum Autoloader (model 81000 or 81001), replete with shoulder strap, 3" to 3-1/2" 5-shell capacity. 10-gauge bore, and menacing black color.

Price? A mere $397!!! I've checked and re-checked and it's for real! If I hadn't just bought my 500 Persuader I'd be all over this Bad Boy.

Is this deal as fantastic as it sounds? Mossberg's own web site says it should be $613. Just imagine - a semi-automatic 12G shotgun. Imagine this too: since it's Wal-Mart and in Virginia, then I can walk in, and then walk out 45 minutes later with this Mossberg and a gallon of milk!! BWAHAHAHAHAAA!.....:D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2009
  2. Shotgun Shooter

Shotgun Shooter New Member

If I were into semis, or if I joined a club to shoot clays/skeet, I'd buy that!
    I'm a mossberg fan. :)

S.S.

3. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Is it 10 or 12 ga. You mention both. 3-1/2" shells in 10 ga? :eek:

4. Shotgun Shooter

I too was confused on the gauge. I'd pick it up regardless of gauge. :)

S.S.

5. Succinct

Succinct New Member

It's a 12 gauge gun, but it has a 10 gauge barrel bore. Here is what Mossberg's web site says about the feature:
    "935 Magnum™ Overbore (.775) vs. Standard 12 Gauge Bore (.731). For superior pattern performance and reduced felt recoil, each 935 barrel (left) is overbored to 10 gauge bore dimensions." :cool:

6. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Ok, I understand. It is not for HD, it is for skeet/trap or game. I don't want a wide pattern when protecting my family. Tight patterns are better for defense.

7. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

The pattern won't be wide until it gets out there a ways.

8. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I suppose it is location related. I can picture a BG kicking a few times on the kitchen door and I have to shoot if the door is breached. *Bam* At 20 yds + a good sized spread is starting. The BG has a very large gaping wound, and I'm gonna have to buy a new microwave, coffe maker, paninni grill, crock pot, oven, ice cream maker and/or fridge. :eek:

I just like the tighter patterns is all. Preference. :)

Still if that shotgun is priced like that, I'd start to wonder why. Heck of a price, but maybe not good for cold weather?

9. Succinct

Succinct New Member

Holy Cats! - Here is a youtube clip of a guy shooting this 935. He couldn't keep it aimed, but this clip IS impressive!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADZfK5eFMXo&feature=related]YouTube - mossy autoloader[/ame]

:p

Just think......$397 for that capability.............................................

10. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

If I had fo-hundy to spare...err...that I could justify the need to have one, I would most likely jump on that. :D

11. Bigcat_hunter

Bigcat_hunter New Member

Dealer cost for a new 935 is $452.04. That means that shotgun from a gun shop would be $500.00 to $550.00. Good thing wallyworld doesn't sell pistols or there would be no gun shops in America.

12. cameronguyton

cameronguyton New Member

There's just something that puts a weird feeling in me about buying a firearm from wally world. I don't know if it would be lesser quality, or they would retain my information and try to use it against me in the future. If target ammo wasn't so cheap there, I would buy it from somewhere else.

13. Shotgun Shooter

I agree, Cameron. If the ammo was as expensive as Dicks Sporting Goods, I would never visit Walmart, unless I needed food.

S.S.

14. cameronguyton

cameronguyton New Member

I would much rather spend my money with a mom and pop shop than the big chain retailers. You actually get service, with people that know a little something. Although, one chain store around here has a few people that know something. The big thing is, I actually get to hold the firearm and take my time looking it over and getting the feel of it, and not feel rushed.

15. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

If my local shops weren't violating my hiney with the prices of their ammo, I would buy there. I'm NOT paying $23 for 50rds of off brand .40cal range ammo. :mad:

I hope they sink!!

16. Carne Frio

Carne Frio New Member

Wally Worlds up here sell Glocks, Smiths, etc. The local gun stores,
    Sportsman's Warehouse, Sport's Authority are all doing well. Just
    wish they would get more bulk ammo. Lots of active shooter here. :D

17. easterner123

easterner123 New Member

Thats a great deal for that shotgun! While I'm not a mossberg fan (remington all the way!) they are still alright for a price like that I suppose. I agree with everyone else though, my local wal mart doesn't have a very knowledgable staff and rarely seem to know what they are doing. The only thing thats good there is the ammo prices. Be careful and try to get a good look at it before you might buy it.

18. CCW357

CCW357 New Member

Sounds like its not a 10 gauge, but you can shoot 3" mags in it.

19. CCW357

CCW357 New Member

I misread the post

20. Succinct

Succinct New Member

Update

Update: While on yet another fruitless mission recently to Wal-Mart in search of 45 Auto ammo, I noticed that the aforementioned Mossy 935 Magnum autoloader had increased in price, from $397 to $437.

I KNEW $397 was a good deal.

BTW, painful as it is, I try to shop at Wal-Mart as much as I can, mostly because liberals hate Walmart. I think the ultimate would be to drive your Hummer to Walmart to buy a gun and ammo, and then go "kill deer". The libs' worst nightmare.... :p