What a freak occurrence!

Discussion in 'Training & Safety' started by FernandoTheCommando, Mar 8, 2014.

1. FernandoTheCommando

FernandoTheCommando New Member

Got this from fox news. I know we hear about accidents all the time, but I just thought "what are the chances" when I read this. Can't imagine what your odds are of being killed by a firearm, that was shook out of a sock at a thrift store. And wow, not starting a caliber debate....but one .22 round to the chest killed her? Like the title of this thread.....what a freak accident seriously.

Sent from my HTC One X using Firearms Talk mobile app

2. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

3. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Either this is BS or guns really do kill people. Guess which way I'm leaning. ;)
    "Maria Carmen Dominguez, 54, was sorting clothes at Unique Thrift Store on Friday morning when a co-worker shook out a sock, which had a gun hidden inside. The weapon went off once, killing Dominguez."

4. awahlster

awahlster New Member

Its been reported the co worker was holding the pistol when it discharged. So another words someone pulled the trigger.

5. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

Someone ALWAYS pulls the trigger.

6. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I heard a report on the news of the story. They said that the gun was dropped on the floor and it discharged. That is not unbelievable if this is an older firearm. There are a lot of old guns out there that would fail a drop test. That is one reason there are recalls.

7. Beezer

Beezer New Member

Interesting that Fox News used a picture that shows two guns that are clearly not .22 pistols in a story involving a .22. I guess the actual gun didn't look ominous enough.

8. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Beezer- have seen the news put up an outline of a pistol when reporting on a STABBING. :confused:

9. shadecorp

shadecorp Active Member Supporter

Damn sad story.
    My sympathies to all involved and the family.

10. trip286

trip286 New Member

Quite sad, and I'd extend my sympathies too. But I call bull spit.

11. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

It is sad, but stranger things have happened.

The lowly .22lr can kill with one bullet if placed correctly.

Disrupt the heart rhythm of the heart or puncture the heart area could result in death.

12. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I believe it happened. Freak accident, I'm sure. Sometimes things happen and they are totally unbelievable if you didn't see it with your own eyes. Didn't you all ever have something like that happen?

Pistol bayonet, maybe?

13. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

No they do not!:rolleyes: