What 40. Should i get?

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by accessdenied01, Jul 7, 2012.

1. accessdenied01

accessdenied01 New Member

Was looking fora very accurate full size 40 caliber pistol that is flawless. Idc about the price.

2. tiberius10721

tiberius10721 New Member

Flawless? There is not a single firearm out there that is flawless. You'll have to be more specific than that.

3. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Glock 22 my man. Can't go wrong

4. cj84

cj84 New Member

Ill second glock

5. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

my personal favorite in 40 caliber, the Springfield Amory XDm40. 16+1 rounds, interchangeable backstrap grips, probably one of the best triggers of any striker fired pistol, match grade barrels, and shoot great as far as recoil. just my opinion. of all the 40 caliber pistols i have owned over the years, it's definately the best i have ever owned in 40 caliber and one i carry quite a lot.

6. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Skip the .40 and get a 10mm!

7. blucoondawg

blucoondawg New Member

I have a Beretta 96A1, it shoots better than I can, I have shot my friend's Glock and another's xd quite a bit and I cannot shoot them as well, I don't know if it is me or the guns but I always figured something with a hammer and a single action trigger pull should be a little more accurate than a striker, that was part of my reason for buying the Beretta in the first place. I see some posts on here in favor of the strikers so I suppose I will take some lumps for this post but so be it, it is my opinion.:p

8. okdonk

okdonk New Member

2nd for Glock!

9. Axxe55

Coondog, you won't get any lumps from me! i had a Beretta 96 years ago shortly after they came out, and it was a great pistol. but as much as i liked that M96, i have to say, i do like my XDm40 better. just fits in my hand better. i would buy another M96 if it came along at the right time and price though, because IMO, it is a very good pistol. i am glad i am not the only one to like them either!

10. Wiseman3

Wiseman3 New Member

M&P has the better ergos as far as the polymer guns go. the really question though is what feels good in you hands which .40 do you prefer the most. you can go on here and see the all the popular brands on here and get the fact names like Glock Springfield S&W Ruger ect. ect. all are reliable firearms that function well so the question comes down to you

11. accessdenied01

Ya I got the Beretta m9a1, HK expert, FN tac, and some 1911s. Sooo should it be glock xd M&P CZ or any others i havent mentioned. I'm open to anything that wont break, jam, easy to clean every inch of the gun, and be very accurate. I will say I'm leaning more towards the XDm competition unless this forum can convince me otherwises. So keep on posting.

12. Quentin

Quentin New Member

I went with the Glock 22 and recommend you try/rent one. It's a Gen 2 (LE trade in) and comes as close to malfunction-free as any handgun. The new Gen 4s are the way to go now, that gen seems to work best in .40 and .357 Sig. I like .40 and also went with the G23 and G27, all fine guns as well. The G23 is the perfect size for me.

13. JD1969

JD1969 New Member

You need to go shoot them. We can't tell you what will fit/feel best in your hands. I can't stand the way Glocks feel and I am not that accurate with them (I've owned two and sold both). Now the XD's I shoot really well, my friend has one that I do quite well with and I like how it feels. Any of the ones mentioned will be fine firearms and all have good reputations, but you really should try and shoot the ones you are considering.

14. Axxe55

JD has made an excellent point and i agree. everyones hands are different and what fits my hand well, may not feel the same in yours. find what fits you, because it's for you. my choice is merely a suggestion to try out, just like everyone else's choice. they are all good ones for you to try out.

15. accessdenied01

Thank you i am going to a range to test them out next week

16. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

Beretta 96, I bought an INOX police trade-in from Bud's awhile back, can't make it jam, it eats everything, plus it's dead accurate.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
  17. chuckusaret

chuckusaret Member

XD40 sub compact. I base this on the number of reported kabooms that the Glock has experienced vs the number of XD kabooms.

18. cakesterkiller

cakesterkiller New Member

if ya can find one the g24 is awesome... they stopped making them but ya can still find em new in box gen3 after a little searching

it has a 4.5 lb trigger, adjustable sights, 6 inch barrel, optional 22 round mags.... and its a Glock

19. cakesterkiller

cakesterkiller New Member

this is my g24 on the left with the 22rd mag in a g22

Attached Files:

20. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

So there is a downside? :rolleyes: