what 380 pistol should i get

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Keltec, May 14, 2012.

1. Keltec

Keltec New Member

I would like some opinions on that you all think is the best 380 pistol?

2. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

I have the Keltec P3AT. It's nice because it fits comfortably in any pocket, but is not fun to shoot. Because it is so small there is a lotof recoil. I shoot other guns for fun but carry this one. However, Herter's bullets jam it for some reason. Other than those, I have never had an issue.

3. Bootsdeal

Bootsdeal New Member

The LCP is the best bang for the buck, quality wise. However, before I figured that out, I had already bought a Taurus TCP 738. It's OK now, but it took about 400 rounds through it before the FTE's stopped. I'd definetely get the LCP if I had it to do over. Most of my friends have the LCP and they have nothing but good to say about it.

4. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

LCP or a small sig of similar design

5. rickyp8888

rickyp8888 New Member

Bersa Thunder 380 cc

6. marc29th

marc29th New Member

7. towboater

towboater Active Member

Bersa:) great little 380 :)

8. gilfo

gilfo Member

I'll chime in with the Kahr P380. Fun to shoot but cost a bit more than the rest.

9. Staestc

Staestc New Member

+1 for the Bersa cc. I love ours and it has functioned flawlessly. Great value for the money. It has tiny sights, but I got used to them.

10. rickyp8888

rickyp8888 New Member

yeah the sights are a bit small but when you think about when the weapon is going to be used your really not going to need them lol def not a gun I take to the range every time just when I need to "blow the dust off"

11. JonM

JonM Moderator

Bersa thunder for me as well

12. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Never go wrong with a Rugers LCP 380. Had one for three years now. Great lil' canon to carry, and always dependable and compact.

13. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

14. orangello

orangello New Member

I really liked my Bersa Thunder with the flat nickel finish. I trusted it enough that my sister is now using it as her car pistol. I had zero failures with it, and i don't think she has had any failures with it either.

15. treehugger49

treehugger49 New Member

My summertime carry is the Ruger LCP w/ a Crimson Trace LaserGuard and rubber textured Talon Grip tapes, which help to tame it down a bit.

My wife's Sig P238 Lady model is a very nice carry gun. Hard to beat Sig quality, night sights, and that 1911-ish feel. It's purdy, too!

Last edited: May 14, 2012
  16. Dearhunter

Dearhunter Supporting Member Supporter

best 380

You did not state for what reason, but I go with the Ruger LCP 380.

I have one and it shoots good. You can carry it in your pants pocket, jacket pocket. Plus, if you load it with Federal hollow point super shock, you have a deadly weapon.

17. Powersportgiant

Powersportgiant New Member

I have the Smith bodyguard 380 and really like it. Laser is not necessary but I've shot over 300 rounds through it and no problems. I would like to have that Colt or the sig p238 though.

18. treehugger49

treehugger49 New Member

I lean more toward the FMJ round for the .380 due to penetration issues with hollow point ammo.

For summertime carry, with lighter clothing, perhaps not quite as much an issue, but if you go with the hollowpoints, be sure your gun likes them. Feeding reliability can be an issue.....

19. gndboy

gndboy New Member

I have a FEG APK which I believe is similar to the Bersa. The sights are tiny, but the gun has been reliable at the range. I've never had problems with any FMJ ammo or Speer HP's, but I doubt I have put 2000 rounds through it. The APK is truly simple to field strip, which is why I have kept it. Easy recoil, but not as physically small as the Ruger ACP which looks like a good small gun. My wife has an AMT Backup which is reliable at the range but a bit nasty for recoil. The AMT is tiny. For a smallish gun, I'd give the Ruger a good look because of the quality and universal parts availability. There are many larger and more expensive .380's out there. The Kahr mentioned above has an excellent reputation, and there are others from all the majors.