Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so curious as to what 3 guns you would take in an apocalyptic situation. 1 rifle, 1 shotgun, 1 handgun. Go

·
Banned
3,611 Posts
No.

The monthly TEOTWAWKI "which one gun" or "three guns" thread needs to be stopped more than any friggin' zombie already.

May I suggest please searching the forum? Ultimately the usual suspects will respond, but...

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How about WROL situation? You have to travel. Sorry if its old, but zombies could also be classified as gangs that are raping and robbing people like they did in the Louisiana Superdome during Katrina. I need to word things better I guess. My apologies

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
How about WROL situation? You have to travel. Sorry if its old, but zombies could also be classified as gangs that are raping and robbing people like they did in the Louisiana Superdome during Katrina. I need to word things better I guess. My apologies
Don't worry about it. Just remember timing is everything. You could have posted this in a week from now and it might have been a hit? For that matter it still could be? :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Easy... First a long range gun first bushmaster bolt action in 50bmg. If a zombie invades my sniping spot I'll hit em with a Remington 870 magnum or smith and wesson 500 if it's a surprise attack.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Oops was I not supposed to reply? Ps I have never been a zombie shtf guy I don't stockpile and I don't usually reply to this crap but I was bored so whatever...

·
Banned
3,611 Posts
Glock, it's not the wording or the timing -- look around here and other forums that even permit these anymore. OMG, its never-ending. They crop up every day, week, month...

Some adult language:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evr_tP9cJWY&feature=related[/ame]

·
Banned
10,243 Posts
AR-15 (5.56)
Remington Model 870 (12 Ga)
Colt 1911 (45 ACP)

·
Banned
3,611 Posts
AND we have a winaaa!!!

·
Banned
6,150 Posts
If zombie killing lore holds true and it only takes a gunshot to the nugget...:rolleyes:

Ruger 10-22
Ruger Single 10
As Many loaded 10-22 mags as I can carry plus cargo pockets full of loose .22 LR.:D

No need for a shotty ammo is to heavy and skull penetration unlikely unless point blank or slugs and slugs are too heavy.:eek:

After humping an Infantry Ruck for 6 years, I know what ammo weighs and how fast you go through it so got with the lightest, most available round available in guns that do not fail...:D

And yes, I was yelling at the Sherrif guy on "The Walking Dead" for not recognizing this. Bet we some .22's next season!:)

Tack

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
M1 Garand
M47 Medusa (Hey he started it! :p)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ok so curious as to what 3 guns you would take in an apocalyptic situation. 1 rifle, 1 shotgun, 1 handgun. Go
If my on top on a building M4 with Scope, KSG 12ga, Ruger Six .22

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
hunh? why is everybody getting so worked up? zombie stuff is just for fun, and i hate to burst some of your bubbles, but SHTF where you have to start shooting to defend yourself is only slightly more likely than a zombie invasion anyway :rolleyes:

so just have fun with it!

imo, zombie invasion is about killing zombies AND looking cool. :D

i would go with one of three distinct styles:

1) cowboy zombie slayer mine would be a bit urban cowboy with:

lever action 30-30
12 gauge coach gun SXS
cowboy style 6 shooter in 22 LR

2) tacticool assassin black leather and shades required

decked out AR-15
mossberg 930 spx
glock 17

3) the old school soldier aviator glasses and some OD green required

M1 carbine
classic pump 12 gauge (well worn 40's era)

now you will have something more than the typical joe next to you in survival mode.....you're got style :cool:

think about it....there will be ladies to impress, regardless of zombies...

·
Registered
523 Posts
Wouldn't be surprised if it actually came true. You hear about the homeless guy in Florida eating the other guys face? The woman who cut off her babys head and ate it's brain? The guy who killed his roommate and tried to eat his brain?

Yea, all within the last two weeks if my sources were to be trusted.

Sure, they may be attributed to the bath salts and drugs and such, but who ever said the zombie apocalypse was going to start naturally? Could be triggered by drugs too.

Always be prepared

·
Registered
194 Posts
Yup! I've been hearing about those attacks on the news as well. If that don't count as a zombie attack what does?

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
If zombie killing lore holds true and it only takes a gunshot to the nugget...:rolleyes:

Ruger 10-22
Ruger Single 10
As Many loaded 10-22 mags as I can carry plus cargo pockets full of loose .22 LR.:D
a good idea of course, but only if we know these will be the slow moving, plodding zombies. now these guys are just gonna be some great target practice for all gun owners. :D

those fast movers however......:eek::eek:

No need for a shotty ammo is to heavy and skull penetration unlikely unless point blank or slugs and slugs are too heavy.:eek:
Tack
i dunno...if its them running zombies....i'm going with a shotty...best option for moving targets. surely, buckshot has at least as much skull penetration abilities as a 22 inside 50 yards?

lol...how could anyone hate zombie talk.....;)

much more fun than shtf talk by far......

1 - 20 of 116 Posts