What .22 Semi Auto

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by notdku, Apr 7, 2008.

1. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

What are your favorite semi-automatic .22 pistols?

2. gnoll

gnoll New Member

mmmmmmmm
    well this one is hard i like them all

3. Zappa

Zappa New Member

Hands down, my favorite is my S&W Model #41.
    I have a mid 70's production model that I bought used in 1984. (paid $290)
    I then had it refinished in electroless nickel in 1986 w/2 mags.
    (very good decision because it has held up extremely well)
    I have fired many thousands of rounds through it and it's still the most accurate pistol I have ever owned. The way it feels in my hand and the trigger action is just awsome, and take down for cleaning is as simple as it gets.
    It's a bit heavy to carry in the woods, but I have other stuff for that purpose.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2008
  4. alfsauve

alfsauve New Member

My Favorites

H&R 666 revolver (no anti-Christ comments)
    S&W Target Woodsman
    Ruger MK I (yes one)

Classics all.

5. RONSERESURPLUS

RONSERESURPLUS New Member

What .22lr Semi-auto Pistol?

Hello all

Ron L here = Seresurplus

My Favs are:

1. Browning Buckmark, a lot of fun to shoot, accurate and easier to breakdown to clean than Ruger Mk1-2!

2. S& W 41, Dad a had a few of them, I see them as high $, but well made and lots of options!

3. Ruger Mk1-2-3, I'm not a big fan of Ruger Corporations Gun control thinking, but they do make a good guna nd support it well! Just don't ask for certain parts or any weapon they think they can sell to the Military and Police and leave the rest of the unwashed public behind?

6. DSAPT9

DSAPT9 New Member

I have 2 I like, the Ruger MkII 4in fixed site and the Ruger 5.5 bull with adjustable sites. Ya just cant go wrong with them!!!

7. alfsauve

alfsauve New Member

Ruger MK I

I do harbor ill feelings about Ruger gun control fiasco a while back.

HOWEVER, that said I really like the MK x series because the barrel and sights are all fixed together. I like it better than my Colt Woodsman Target where the rear sight is on the slide. That and the MK I does NOT have a magazine disconnect has convinced me to keep this one Ruger gun.

8. seedy

seedy Member

My favorite 22 auto is a Colt 22 also known as the Colt Kadet.I've had this pistol for around 15 years and have shot tens of thousands of rounds through it. In design its a stainless HS duramatic spinoff with a bull barrel. Very easy to disassemble and clean with a magazine that has a large round tab on it making it easy to load. Two areas Ruger MKs fall short on.CD

9. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

1911 with a .22 conversion, High Standard or Ruger Mk. II

10. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

Ruger 22/45 w/ 5" stainless bull barrel - more accurate than I am!

11. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

That's gott be one of the best .22's ever made! Although the High Standard Supermatic and Colt Woodsman are up there with it...

12. Moses

Moses New Member

I've had a S&W M41 for many, many years. It is just a fantastic pistol. I'd even go out on a limb and say that for a general use .22 auto, competition and field, it is the best ever made.

But my .22 that sees the most use is a Colt conversion unit mounted on a Gold Cup frame. It is accurate, never jams, and provides enough recoil to simulate a .38 WC thanks to the floating chamber design. It lets me practice with my .45 at .22 cost.

13. ScottG

ScottG New Member

I only have one, a Browning Buckmark Camper. It's the best one I every owned...til the next one. Maybe a Single Six???

14. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

Imo the ruger is by far the most accurate and reliable among the .22 semiautos on the market today. The s&w model 41s are fabulous but look at the price of them.

15. iloveguns

iloveguns New Member

Well I have shot rugers and I still like my Beretta U22 neos better. Still haven't had a jam yet and it is very accurate. You just have to get past the space age looking gun.:D

16. Ruger Redhawk

Ruger Redhawk New Member

I have a couple favorites. A S&W M-41 and a old High Standard Victor.My Smith came with the 7 1/2 "( + -) bbl and I bought a heavy 5" bbl for it.
    For the money it's hard to beat the Ruger's.

17. Jerry944T

Jerry944T New Member

Those of you that have had the pleasure of shooting a High Standard Victor or Military Citation of the 70's era would have no difficulty making a choice.

I've owned them all, S&W 41, Browning Medalist, various Rugers and the High Standard is easily the winner.

Jerry

18. G21.45

G21.45 New Member

Hands down favorite - Smith & Wesson Model 41 w/ 8" barrel. (I'd gunfight with it if I had to!)

Second favorite - Smith & Wesson Model K-17, 'Combat Masterpiece' (It's the 22 caliber version of the K-19.)