What 22 pistol..?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by dango, Mar 14, 2013.

1. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I have not owned a 22 pistol in some 30 years.What is worth a look and about how much. It's for my wife.!

She's on the "smallish" size , 118 lbs. and don't much care for my little nano.!

She'll shoot it , but doesn't really like it . Need a real sissy gun for a real Lady.?

What do you have that might do the trick.?
    And as always , Thank you,!

2. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

3. Ricochet

Ricochet New Member

i've never shot one, but that LCR in .22 seems like a good choice

4. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

ruger sr22, ruger mk2 or mk3, browning buckmark, the lcr, ruger single six, ruger sp101 in .22,

find out what she thinks looks nice, and trake her to a store to handle a few and see if shes more comfortable with a revoler or semi

5. misterballistic

misterballistic New Member

At the top of the heap would be Hammerlis, Pardinis, and the better known S&W Model 41 which is a classic.

I own a Ruger Mark III myself which I really, really like but it can be finicky with some brands of .22lr ammo. It is also a chore to field strip for cleaning. Still it is a very good .22lr pistol.

The .22lr platforms of popular guns are also fun to shoot and lets you graduate to a higher caliber later. Example: Sig-Sauer P226 .22lr. You can buy a 9mm, 357 sig, or 40 S&W conversion kit down the road.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  6. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

All the info you need is right here.:)

7. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Size is the key and only one recommendation here thus far even took that into consideration. Beretta! Or the Taurus look a like. Small with Beretta quality. Some have issues with having no extractor, but the Chambers are loose enough that the gas blowback is more than sufficient. I say hands down, Beretta bobcat!

8. badasstruck

badasstruck New Member

Ruger LCR in .22 or .22wmr would top my list. I have the mag version and love it

9. rurak

rurak New Member

I have a ruger mk3 and its great but I think it might not fit your ladys hand very well. I have heard good things about the ruger sr22 and the s&w m&p 22

10. steadyshot

steadyshot New Member

You might want to look at the Ruger 22/45 Lite

[​IMG]

11. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Walther P22, SIG Mosquito, S&W .22 "Kit gun."

12. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

I'm with him. I'd add the Ruger SR22 but it seems that everyone whose responded so far is ruger ruger ruger. I would not get the little Beretta bobcat though. Not because their is anything wrong with it, I have one they are fine, but they are not fun or comfortable to take to the range and shoot large amounts of ammo with. My sister actually carries my Bobcat. It's a stainless steel model, looks nice and works great for carry purposes. I have a Walther P22 and after 8 or 9 years and god only knows how many thousands of rounds, it still shoots everytime. I've rented the Mosquito for a neighbors wife at the range and she enjoyed shooting it, plus they have several colors available that most other manufacturers don't. I'd rent a few and let her shoot'em and find one she likes.

13. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Thanks to all and I went looking today , via I-PAD..! Buying a "LADY"........a gun is like trying to drive Backwards on I-80 from Brookville to Cleveland.! It's not impossible , but a real pain in the butt.! EeeeK..!

Now you know , not only do I get her a gun she'll shoot , it must come with an entire ward-robe up grade . What purse and shoes goes best with the Beretta
    , Bobcat and "V" neck , or "crew cut" , you Silly Cro-magnons..?
    We also looked at the Walther P22 , she likes both , Sheeez..!

Don't forget "Pastels" , SPRING is coming..! EeeeeeK..!

YO , Thanks , maybe if I'm lucky , she'll have an (AD)..! EeeeK..!
    Just kidding.!

PS: All shopping to this point is -via- The inter-net , I don't get out of the hospital until Sunday evening , she can't touch them until Monday , but she's as excited as a school girl..! See Yaa.!

14. orangello

orangello New Member

15. kiabe1

kiabe1 New Member

Ruger 22/45 lite is excellent

16. Dearhunter

Dearhunter Supporting Member Supporter

My wife is 5ft2 115lbs and can nail the bullseye with a .45 acp 1911. I started her out with a GSG .22 on 1911 frame, once she had the feel, I moved her into the .45 1911.
    Here is a photo of the GSG .22 1911, runs about $325 on Budsdiscountguns.com
    [/ATTACH]

Attached Files:

17. yazul42

yazul42 Active Member Lifetime Supporter

My wife likes her Beretta Neo very much,, it has a 4" barrel and a slim grip.It shoots very well and they offer several front sight replacement colors. I got a package with assorted blades and she picked out the one she had the best sight picture using. I have a 6" model, shoots great but I think they are ugly as Hell, but reasonably priced.

18. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

My sister has a handful of .22s; sr22, SIG 1911-22 and a buckmark lite. She favors the buckmark of all of them.

19. AR10

AR10 New Member

The neo also has the rifle option, very high tech. Purchase the handgun through a Davidson dealer, get a replacement warranty. Purchase the rifle kit direct from Baretta when they go on sale about once a year.

Friend of mine has one. Slick firearm. On my short list.