Western Field .22 Long Rifle Model M855A Help

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by mtbmac, Mar 21, 2010.

1. mtbmac

mtbmac New Member

I was just given a Western Field .22. It is a Model M855A. There is no Serial Number, so I know it is pre-68. Finally, it is tube-fed from the butt of the rifle. Does anyone have an idea of how old it is beyond that? Also, what is the value of this rifle and where do I get parts for it? Thanks!

2. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

Mossberg 353, Numrich!

3. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

4. VINTAGEHIFI

VINTAGEHIFI New Member

Western field m855a

I see that your form has listed the WESTERN FIELD M855A as a Mossberg 353. The Mossberg 353 has a clip the WESTERN FIELD M855A is stock feed with a tube. Can any one cross the M855A to mossberg as all internet sites show it to be a 353 which I feel is incorrect.

5. masterPsmith

masterPsmith New Member

You can also try Jack First Inc. out of Rapid City So. Dakota for parts. Jack First has always been my first go to for parts. He used to be just down the road from me here in the high desert before they moved to SD.

Jim.........

6. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

7. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Mac, welcome to the forums. When you get a minute, drop by the into section and say howdy.

The Mossberg 351 C has a barrel band, loads thru butt. The 351K has no bbl band, loads thru butt. Made from ABOUT 1953-1971. Value for ANY gun is based on exact make, model, and condition. The store brand rifles have a smaller collector following than the name brand- value is mainly as a shooter. Typically $125-$200.

For any parts Mossberg, havlinsales.com is the place. Vic Havlin used to work for Mossberg, he and his wife Cheryl run the Mossberg Collector's Assoc, and are very nice folks to deal with.

For info on just about any Mossberg 22, try HERE: Mossberg 22 LR Models and Specifications