Western Field 16 Gauge Cartridge Cutoff

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by TemujinKhan, Jun 28, 2012.

1. TemujinKhan

TemujinKhan New Member

I have a Western Field 16 Gauge that I've been trying to repair.., it was in really bad condition, had been left out in the rain Years & Years ago, & someone tried to take it apart, lost parts..., Anyways, Now I have it mostly fixed, everything seems to be fully functional except for the Cartridge Cutoff which until recently was entirely missing, now I dropped the part in & it's not functioning correctly..

Here's a Video I uploaded to Youtube trying to explain...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTcRJZEScjs&feature=plcp[/ame]

If there is anyone familiar with the Western Field shotgun or Noble Model 60's Operation..

I need some insight here..., I wonder if I'm still missing a tiny part or something & if so what is it called...

There's Much more Detail on the Youtube Video..

:confused::confused::confused:

2. vagunsmith

vagunsmith New Member

Did you replace the small spring below the cartridge stop that keeps it elevated?

Sorry. Im wrong
    i watched the video and thought you were pointing to the lifter

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012

3. vagunsmith

vagunsmith New Member

I have a 12 gauge torn down at the present time. Im waiting on a firing pin and spring. When it arrives ill re assemble and send you a picture. It would help if you can send me a clear picture of what you have assembled as far as the trigger assembly etc. Are you sure you ordered for a 16 gauge? I clicked on the 16 by mistake and noticed during check out i chose the wrong one and had to go back and re choose 12 gauge. Send pics to vagunsmith at centurylink dot net

4. vagunsmith

vagunsmith New Member

OK, I dug a little deeper. There are Two (2) different cartridge cutoffs for a Western Field 16 gauge. One of these part number 10680A is not for the 66 series shotgun and the other is part number 11130 which is for the 66 series. You will have to determine which series you have and make sure you ordered the correct stop. I have a schemetic on this if you send me your email address.

5. TemujinKhan

TemujinKhan New Member

Well I ordered a Cartridge stop from a Noble Model 60 16 gauge pump, because its all I could find & from my research Appears to be the same part...

6. TemujinKhan

TemujinKhan New Member

XNH-565 B or R, looks like an R

7. TemujinKhan

TemujinKhan New Member

More info is on the video information if you view on YouTube

8. TemujinKhan

TemujinKhan New Member

And I have the parts list & schematic

9. TemujinKhan

TemujinKhan New Member

So you want pictures of More fully disassembled?, wonder if I'm missing something, do you have experience with this or similar models

10. TemujinKhan

TemujinKhan New Member

two different parts huh..., well where can I find these parts,

incase I ordered the wrong thing..., IDK...., I ordered the Cartridge cutoff for a Noble Model 60..., which from what I've read seems to be essentially the same shotgun...

I have the PDF downloaded with a parts list & whatnot.. ,

Question..., Is the lifter supposed to hit the cartridge cutoff..., it seems like if it did that would make it work..., not sure..., wish I had another similar one to look at

11. vagunsmith

vagunsmith New Member

I finally got around to getting my parts to repair the XNH65 12 Gauge Noble. There were two cartridge stops shown on the parts diagram I have. I ordered the wrong one of course but the only difference is the hole for the pin is located in a different place. They are actually the same otherwise. Looking at the right end of the cartridge stop (hole closest to end) there is a hole drilled in the part I have. Diameter 0.1225. Measure exactly 1.03150 from the end and drill another 0.1225 diameter hole in the cartridge stop. You must center drill this before drilling correct size. This should set your cartridge stop back in the correct position to allow your shotgun to cycle. It appears that the same stop is used but holes drilled just a little different. You can see by the picture the difference. The shuny one is the original.

Attached Files: