were to buy A4 style uppers w/o feed ramps?

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by eeklun01, Jan 9, 2012.

1. eeklun01

eeklun01 New Member

does anyone know were to find an A4 style upper W/O feed ramps, 5/16'' pivot pin dia.

thanks

2. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Is there a reason you don't want ramps?

3. eeklun01

eeklun01 New Member

well i have a colt ar15, ive been reading that old colt barrels dont have feed ramps

4. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I believe all AR's had feed ramps. The carbines had more pronounced ones than the rifles and the m-4's were even more pronounced. Even if you are dropping one on a Colt lower, you still want feed ramps

5. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

eek,

I understand that but what in the world would you want a barrel without the M-4 feed ramps? There is no way new or old I would want an upper or barrel without the M-4 feed ramps. They are reliable and something one should buy the weapon with the M-4 feed ramp. Only cheap uppers would ever have an assembly he would not get the meat to the extractor after we get back from the hunt in a couple of weeks.

Rom

6. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Well if you get an old barrel that has rifle feed ramps, not M4 feed ramps then no doubt you'll need a receiver without M4 feed ramps too. That can be hard to find in an A4 upper these days.

Some manufacturers distingushed their flat top upper receivers as A3/rifle ramps and A4/M4 ramps but it's not so common today.

7. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

You can use an M-4 ramped barrel on a standard lower but not the other way around. You can have the non-M-4 lower modified to m-4 ramps, but you cannot cut the barrel extension (way too hard) to modify the ramps.

8. jwsturr

jwsturr New Member

Stag arms has uppers without feedramps, I don't know pin size though.

9. eeklun01

eeklun01 New Member

sorry for the mistake but what i ment was a4 style uppers that dont not have m4 style feed ramps, i was doing some more searching and apparently i was prove wrong even the old colts have feed ramps just not m4 style.

M4 Feedramps - M4Carbine.net Forums