were all on borrowed time

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by R1D2, Mar 4, 2014.

1. R1D2

R1D2 New Member

We all die, so imo we are all on borrowed time. We could die now...
    If you were to go now would you regret anything?
    How would you hope to go? Like in your sleep, making love, or helping others?
    And are you ready?
    Don't have to include this part but do you know where you think you will go when ya die? Yes or no...

I almost died once. And this month I lost 2 relatives a short number of years back. And I lost a 3rd close relative in this month as well. So this thread is to get people thinking please consider answering...

2. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

We'll , my my only regret is that there is no unlimited energy source in a battery form or size .
    How I would choose to die would depend upon my physical condition . Pain , lack of mobility , a bourdon to others around me . But , if it was a low or no quality of life or hope , I,d choose some happy powerful drug . Die with a smile . :D

What I,d come back to or as , (the After-Life Thing) , a sex toy . That would kinda explain the unlimited , compact energy source .! :D :p

Yes......I know.....I,m sick ! :D

3. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Thanks for clearing that up for us, dango! We had no idea... :rolleyes:

4. trip286

trip286 New Member

Those that know a certain part of my story, know that I very well realize I'm living on borrowed time.

IDGAF HOW I go. My bigger concern is how I use the gift that's been given to me.

5. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I would probably regret dying.

6. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I have no doubt about where I will go...Jesus died for me. As far as how I go...it doesn't really matter.

7. JW357

JW357 New Member

I try to live my life without any regrets. For example, I could easily regret choosing Okinawa as my first duty station, as it wasn't a great time, I basically hated it while I was there, and because of being stationed there, I missed out on a combat deployment or two (I enlisted specifically to go to war for our country).

However, I do NOT regret choosing Okinawa as my first duty station. I took leave at a specific time from the island, and while on leave, I met my first, current, and only, wife. I love her desperately and am convinced if I weren't on leave on that specific day I would likely not have met her. I likely would not have been on leave when I was if I were stationed in the States.

So, the short of it is, I try to live my life without regrets, because there can always be something good to come of any cruddy situation.

If I could choose how I would die, it would be peacefully in my bed, long after turning old and gray. I could be selfish and say I would like to go before my wife passes on, so I would never have to live without her. Or I could go the other way and say I hope I die right after her, so she never has to live without me. Either way, I would want to die peacefully in my bed.

Or go down in a blaze of fire and bullets and take as many of those SOBs with me as possible.

8. Like some others, I am guaranteed an eternal home by Jesus, so when my time comes, I'm ready.

As for 'how', I'd rather be doing 115 mph into a bridge abutment than to be in 'the home' with tubes stuffed - ahem - everywhere. But more than any of that, I want to die at my duty station, where ever, or doing whatever that might entail.

But I really need to arrange all my insurance policies into one heap for my survivors. Just to make life simple.

9. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i put my faith in God along time ago, so dying is not a big fear, but want to stick around as long as God needs me here on earth.

but dying, i only hope i can do it with dignity, and surrounded by my loved ones and that i am not a burden to them in my later years.

10. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

i wish to be killed and eaten by a boar while hog hunting at the age of 109.

11. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I hear you OLDMAN. I would not want to be in a hospital. I would prefer to go quickly if God gave me the choice.

12. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

I want to be shot by a jealous husband when I'm 90. :D

13. rockratt

rockratt Active Member Lifetime Supporter

I know I will be better off when I die so I am prepared at any time. God has a place reserved for me. AS to how it doesn't matter.I just pray I never have to go to a nursing home. If knew that I was going to spend one minute in a nursing home I would rather fall over dead right here,right now at this computer. But that is not my choice I guess.

14. hawkguy

hawkguy Well-Known Member

"happiness is a way of travel, not a destination."

no regrets. try to make everything the best it can be, and thank god for every day that you are healthy and happy and your loved ones are healthy and happy and safe.

i want to dwell in the house of the lord forever. but that is his judgement, as well as my time and method of passing.

if you regret anything, today is the day to fix it. as you said, borrowed time.

"and i'd cry for the time i wasted, but that's a waste of time...."

you can only answer the questions you asked for yourself imo.

15. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Don`t care how I go, I`m ready to go home anytime & I don`t regret a dam thing !...............

16. KJG67

KJG67 New Member

No regrets. Only fear is not living long enough to see my son grow up and have a family. He means the world to me.
    As a former medic that's done all sorts of things to keep people alive, sometimes successful, sometimes not, I can say I'd much rather die peacefully in my sleep or just have it instant and obvious.

17. bigjim

bigjim New Member

Well I have been living on borrowed time for a long time now, third heart attack at 52 and I am 70 years young now (18 years.) 15 hours out, 6 of them in surgery, 2 hours in recovery and two years of pain. (tipple bypass)

If I go tomorrow, I can say I have had a good life and at peace with God.

I do have a couple more scopes to sight in, so any extension he can afford me would be welcomed.

Jim

18. TerryM

TerryM New Member

I am ready when ever the good Lord wants me. I guess he does not want me yet. With his help I made it through cancer, three heart attacks, triple bypass.
    Only regret I spent most of my life helping others as a medic (Advanced EMT/Paramedic) was never home to see my own family grow up.

19. yazul42

yazul42 Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Regrets,,, many,, I have made many mistakes in life, I have worked to atone what I can, with some success, but those I cannot, I must accept and move on. How I go is not really an issue, the only way I have any real say in the matter is not an option I would choose. I do believe in an afterlife and what I believe it is will remain private between me and what ever label one wishes to place on a higher power or deity, no offense intended to anyone or any religion.

20. Airborne1

Airborne1 Member

I'll get back to you on this one in about 100 more years.