went with the buck mark

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by pranc2, Mar 23, 2011.

1. pranc2

pranc2 New Member

had been wanting a .22 pistol for a while because .22 is cheaper than .45acp if you didnt know. many of you helped my decision with opinions and pictures. not able to pick it up until tuesday but thats no big deal. just kind of thought that was a little funny because i didnt get delayed anytime on a kimber 1911 or an ak-47. lol just my luck would have love to play with it this weekend. it will be getting its use when i can pick it up. thanks for the help all of you on the other thread. :D by the way i got the cheap on with the bull barrel because its not for looks just lots of trigger time.

2. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Excellent choice! I have one myself.

Now, go google 'heggis spring flip' and watch your trigger get EVEN better and your buckmark turn into a tackdriver at NO cost to you. :cool:

3. Poink88

Poink88 New Member

Great choice. I love mine....so does everyone in the immediate family who tried it and they ended buying as well. ;)

4. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Love my Buckmark. Actually it is the girlfriends, but it likes me more. :D

5. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I'd like to see a range report and hear your opinion on it when you shoot it. I am debating between a Ruger Mark III and a Buckmark. I've not shot a Buckmark yet, though.

6. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

I've had my Buckmark for 26 years, and love it. You made a good choice.

7. pranc2

pranc2 New Member

me neither..lol shot a lot of others and the buckmark felt better than the ones i shoot. i choose the buckmark over the ruger because i have been told that the ruger is not easy to take apart. even people familiar with many different kinds of weapons. and that is the sole reason i didnt and wont buy one. less parts means less to break.

about to check out the spring flip.. and thanks alot to you all.

8. Poink88

Poink88 New Member

The Buckmark is not that easy to take down either. Once you learned how, it is relatively easy but there is a learning curve. Watch a few youtube videos on how it is done and it will be much easier. Like this [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uKc7JxyJ8g&feature=related]YouTube - Browning Buckmark Field Strip Part 1 of 2[/ame]

The most difficult part for me is removing the spring and guide rod. Since the plastic bushing is tight and need to slide up at the same time as the firing pin assembly in my gun. I might see if I can modify that so the guide rod can pivot on it.

I ground and polished the "cocking ramp" located on the slide, especially the end part that first contacts the sear. For me that part came very rough, uneven, and in wrong angle so I rounded it up a bit. :p

I also rounded the outside edges of the slide since my gun is very difficult to cock and sometimes cuts me. I sanded those a bit and (cold) re-blued. I hope the spring/cocking becomes lighter with use.

Other than those, I find my Buckmark perfect.

Good luck!

9. Nicodemus

Nicodemus New Member

Congrats on the Buck Mark. I've had mine for 12 flawless yrs. and can't think of a reason to ever get rid of it, short of wearing it out.

10. zebramochaman

zebramochaman New Member

Congratulations on your purchase. My Buck Mark is one of my favorite pistols to shoot.

11. pranc2

pranc2 New Member

thanks for the heads up poink88. i didnt hear that it was easy just alot more due able than the ruger. and yes i had planed on watching a few videos 1st.

gonna have to wait until next weekend to shoot it. can for sure post about my experience at the range but pics i dont know about. i got pics from the last two times with the 1911 and was forced to load a whole new OS on my computer and it is beating me at the moment. buddy of mine will be coming by to train me this weekend some.

12. 9mmgun

9mmgun New Member

Just pick up one of these. Problem solved.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U-PYQ-M4PQ]YouTube - rusty22's BMT - BUCKMARK MAINTENANCE TOOL DEMO[/ame]

13. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

[​IMG]

Gratuitous gun pr0n.

14. Poink88

Poink88 New Member

Thanks!!! Good idea and I'll "borrow" it and make one with just the part for the slide assembly removal. It looks very simple. :D

15. pranc2

pranc2 New Member

yeah i seen some and the spring in the trigger flip is just that.

if you try and you tube use "buckmark trigger spring flip"

i get it on tuesday and my buddy is picking up a springfield 1911 by friday. its gonna be a good weekend with 2 1911's and two .22 pistols and may make a full day with the ak to boot.:D

awesome quick video too.

and who up there said it was hard??

Last edited: Mar 26, 2011