Went to the range today

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by 12fretter, Apr 13, 2011.

1. 12fretter

12fretter New Member

I am a new shooter, so "marksman" is not in my vocabulary. I thought my .45ACP might need a sight adjustment today at the range, I think I am anticipating the recoil, so my shots are missing low left. It seemed the more I shot the better I got. Does that make sense?

2. fireguy

fireguy New Member

If you are new to shooting it isn't unusual to anticipate the recoil/shot and throw off your aim. It makes good sense that the more you shoot with the 1911 the more comfortable you will be with it.

There was a post a while back that had targets with the likely input problem by the shooter, it might help you out.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/shooting-left-38933/

3. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

At some point there's this karma you reach with the 1911 when you learn to rock with it and accept the recoil as part of your natural kinetic flow. :cool:

4. 12fretter

12fretter New Member

That's so Zen!

5. NGIB

NGIB New Member

And very, very true. Don't fight it and it will put the rounds where you want them to go...

6. 12fretter

12fretter New Member

Yeah, I think you're right. I do remember certain shots where I made it a point to not let the recoil bother me, and those shots were the best of any. But it was a conscious action. I just need to practice until it's unconscious.

7. 12fretter

12fretter New Member

8. therewolf

therewolf New Member

How do you get to Carnegie Hall?

It's the same with shooting accuracy...

45ACP is a large, but comfortable round for me.