Went to the gun show today, walked out feeling like a rape victim

Discussion in 'Gun Shows' started by gunwolf007, Apr 13, 2013.

1. gunwolf007

gunwolf007 New Member

Prices are still over marked

2. gunwolf007

gunwolf007 New Member

Corrections walked out, did not have my glasses

3. Whitewalker1911

Whitewalker1911 New Member

Not at all surprised, and it's easy to get sub-par product there, too.

You probably made the wisest choice.

The Tucson Gun Show is today & tmrw , and as tempted as I am just to check it out, I know myself well enough that I'd get carried away & I just don't have the money right now.

4. Donn

Donn Active Member

Went to a show a few weeks back. Black rifles were starting to come back to reality, as were mag prices. AR parts and ammo were another story. Still very hard to find. The LGS is slowly rebuilding inventory, very slowly. Going to a show today, we'll see if this trend continues.

5. JosephMD

JosephMD New Member

I think it depends on your state, in Maryland, anything on the ban list is still over priced ;) & FFLs are charging too much to import them while they are still legal.

6. johnr1943

johnr1943 New Member

A Time to Boycott?

Perhaps, although I doubt too many would do so, it is time to boycott ALL ammo sellers. The prices are way over blown. If it is indeed a "supply and demand" issue, we need to drastically reduce demand.

7. Squawk

Squawk New Member

And this is the solution to the problem. But unfortunately there are people out there buying way more than they plan to shoot. Some are even buying to resell. I would support a bill in the senate that would make it illegal to buy ammo or firearms/firearms parts for profitable resale. That would solve a lot of the issues with inflation.

8. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

When you said "waked out" I thought the show killed you!

I was waiting for a little Swiss ammo. Finally came in. 7% higher than when I bought it pre-Newtown but I had a $15 credit to use anyway, so...

'course, I've been waiting for some specific, special, rimfire for a coupla months now but at "regular" price.

One's sense of urgency dictates the prices anyone'll pay. Don't "need" 'em but I did just win an AR titanium firing pin w/Titanium Nitride coating and properly hardened 17-4 stainless steel bolt cam pin w/retaining pin -- I thought it was a bargain for $23 in all.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
  9. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

They used to call it 'war profiteering'

Fellow firearms enthusiasts who have no scruples trying to steal from us. I spit in their general direction

10. Whitewalker1911

Whitewalker1911 New Member

If I had some extra cash, I'd go down for sure...never know what you'll come across & I just ignore vendors that are overpricing their merchandise. It's a shame but I'm not going bankrupt for it.

Uugghh...now I'm considering going.

Bad influences! All of ya!

11. rhyno13

rhyno13 New Member

I'm all for people making a profit, your just not going to rape me in the process. I am willing to wait until they come down before I spend that kind of cash on something I really don't need.

12. InDefenseofLiberty

InDefenseofLiberty New Member

I find it distressing how fast some "freedom loving gun owners"start embracing communistic ideals the very second the free market is perceived as "unfair".
    Give it time it will work itself out. Legislation curtailing freedoms of individuals is never a good plan especially when its needless regulation for what is a temporary problem. What happens when they "interpret" that law to mean no one can purchase ammo at all our expand it to include anything you sell?
    Yes freedom is painful sometimes but, government overreach is painful all the time.

13. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Fixed it for you.............though I felt you saying "walked out feeling like a rape victim" was a poor choice of words.

14. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Moved your thread. It was in site support, put it in gun shows.

15. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Might be some bargains out there with all the cash chasing too-few Leftist-government-threatened things not the least of which is law abiding citizens.

16. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Gun shows here is more like sawdust for the royal screwing!

Last gun show my wife and I attended was almost 1 year ago.

My LGS has AR15 Mags at prices well before the second election. Weapons are at the same price as well. The AR wall is getting stocked up and prices coming down.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
  17. TheDesertFox

TheDesertFox New Member

At the last gunshow I went to, I saw a Mosin 91/30 for $300 DOLLARS. Nothing special about it and no accessories. Just a plain jane 91/30. I thought was gonna die when I saw the price tag. I ended up just buying a nice looking pocket knife......

18. GTX63

GTX63 New Member

I attended a gun auction a few nights ago. You would have thought the AR had just been invented. No name lower recievers selling for $425. Bushmaster AR15 composites selling for $1400. Remington 1911r1 that you can buy in stores for $669 all day long went for $875. I'm not knocking the market, I just think folks ought to calm down a little bit and do their homework on guns they are interested in before rushing out with their checkbooks over their head at the first sighting.

19. Gunsnob

Gunsnob New Member

So your friendly LGS or even Buds doesn't buy guns and ammo to resale at a profit?

20. jpc1960

jpc1960 New Member

I've got pictures of people advertising on the net that literally show"pallets" of the stuff but choose to profiteer. There ought to be a list of these businesses that get "remembered' when the demand gets back to normalcy.

Just curious but of the raw materials needed to be an ammo manufacturer you need brass, lead and copper most would agree for metals. I've recently in the last 6 weeks seen flat bed after flat bed trailer move into a vacant wharehouse what appears to be either lead or zinc ingots and then flat bed trailer loads of what appear to be flat sheets of copper roughly formed. It could be something else but strangely enough there is no identification on the building, no company name, few cars in the parking lot other than the people unloading, just seems odd for someone to move into a vacant wharehouse in a run down section of a wharehouse district, rent a building, and start stockpiling these materials in particular. Anyone have any ideas what it could be used for?

Last edited: Apr 23, 2013