went to range today with new Busmaster***PICS****

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by sbninja, Feb 3, 2008.

1. sbninja

sbninja New Member

Hi all, I was able to get to the range today, with my new Bushmaster M4 'Post Ban' with the A2 Carry Handle. I shot at 50 yds with iron sights, using the larger apeture. One of the range officers recommended placing my head much closer to the rear sight(with nose almost touching charging handle) I don't know which technique is correct(being new to the AR15) . Using his technique, which was a bit uncomfortable at first, I was a little more accurate.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 3, 2008
  2. hillbilly68

hillbilly68 New Member

3. Righteous

Righteous New Member

50 a lil close, lets see a 100 yard target or better

4. sbninja

sbninja New Member

Easy........ This was my first time out with this gun, I had to at least sight it in first:) First, I want to get firm with the proper sighting technique, then practice so i'm shooting much tighter groups at 50 yds........then we'll see about 100 yards.;)

5. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

I used to put the cartilage in the tip of my nose into the V formed by the charging handle and stock. It ensures that you have the same cheek weld every time.

6. GlenJohnson

GlenJohnson New Member

I'm so out of practice, I'd hate to see what my first time out would be with one of those. Oh, my indian name is "Liver is shot." ;P

7. SimonTuffGuy

SimonTuffGuy New Member

Nice rifle! I love ary surplus ammo boxes. :)

8. RMTactical

RMTactical New Member

Looks good, congrats!!

9. 95xjcountry

95xjcountry New Member

nice! I have the same rifle, but with the Mini Y-Comp muzzle brake....it's loud as hell.

Now it's time to dump a bunch of money into it. ;)

10. balloo93

balloo93 New Member

Man, I love those black targets with the green underneath them!

[​IMG]

Top one iron sights (sighted then rapid fired).

Bottom Red dot (sighted then rapid fired)

Side one just goofing off with the two carry handles I have. Apparently to get them sighted correctly I am going to hav eto damn near bottom out the front sight. Didn't feel like resighting in the Red dot and the BUIS to sight in for two carry handles I don't plan on using with this rifle.

I also used 55yrds for the Improved Battlefield Zero setting. Can't remember where I heard to use 50-55yrds, but I alo set mine a little high on the target at 55yrds.

11. pranc2

pranc2 New Member

not bad shooting.. i mean i cant keep from a little rapid fire. :D
    but it does suck that one of my rifles hasnt made it out to a range longer than 25yrds. but what you gonna do sometimes you just got to shoot. hope to go soon though.

12. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Whats wrong w/ 50yds ;)

13. MrMilspecer

MrMilspecer New Member

Always like to see range reports. Looks like a fun day :D

14. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Good stuff. The reason there are two different sizes apertures on the Ar 15/ M-16 is one is for daylight shooting and the largest for nighttime.

15. ennbee15

ennbee15 New Member

Iron sights, 50 yds. Great job! Especially for 1st time out. Heck that's great for any time out. Enjoy

16. ennbee15

ennbee15 New Member

50 yds=cqb he dead....

17. USEBOTHHANDS

USEBOTHHANDS New Member

ACTUALLY, ONE is for less than 100 yards, and the other is for out past 100 yards (um, meters. but what the hell is a meter:rolleyes:).

the larger of the two for "quick" target acquisition, and the smaller is for "precision" targetting.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
  18. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

Nice looking gun, and good shooting. Thanks for sharing, always enjoy pics and a range report.