went to an Auction today...how'd I do?

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by PrimePorkchop, Jan 1, 2013.

1. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

Got into a little bit of a bidding war with another bidder and went higher than I originally set out...I just really thought it was a damn pretty shotgun.

It was a lot of fun though - most bids started at $100.00 and went up by $25.00 each...this one made it to 200, then went up $10 each...we went back and forth for a bit - enjoyed the hell out of it.

Winning bid $250.00

http://www.auctionflex.com/showlot.ap?co=63832&weiid=10307622&lang=En

2. Virginian

Virginian Active Member

As long as you are happy. That's about 4 times what I would have gone though.

3. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

damnit :mad:

4. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

LOL :p

I'll tell you what ... I can help you recoup some of your losses ... I'll gve you $50 for it ... cash too ;)

:D

5. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

When I saw it in the presell, I knew I wanted it, and said I'd stop at $125.00

but then I said "oh ok 150" ... then oh okay 200

before I knew it, itw as 250 and I knew I had made an error.

Oh well, i've blown $125.00 on stupider **** than a nickel finished shotgun =)

6. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

doesn't matter what it is "worth" :rolleyes: ... as long as having it makes you happy, congrats! ;)

7. earl1412

earl1412 New Member

PPC,
    I have a friend who loves going to auctions, and has dragged me to a few. I personally don't like auctions for the very thing you're saying= buyers remorse.
    Now, after reading your stuff on the UK, you think alot like me and REALLY don't like to lose, so think of it this way, the other guy doesn't have the gun, YOU
    WIN!!!!!!!

8. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

hahaha I love your outlook!

Just curious - what do you mean by my stuff on the UK not liking to lose? =)

If i know i'm right, I just wont' concede. :D

9. earl1412

earl1412 New Member

Just curious - what do you mean by my stuff on the UK not liking to lose? =)

If i know i'm right, I just wont' concede. :D[/QUOTE]

The last statement is what I'm talking about, If I know I'm right, I won't concede!!!!!!
    My wife complains about that very thing!
    No dis, just agreeing!:D

10. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

LOL! My wife hates it too...as do most of my friends, but some of them are starting to come around. If i Know i'm wrong, i'll admit it and move on...but dammit it's going to take more than someone's word to prove it to me ;)

11. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

That is a Enders Cannon Breach 12 gauge, now that`s cool, 250 may be a little much but not very much & its nickel plated, I want to see a picture of it with the breech open.............

12. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

I have a waiting period unfortunately ... Stupid Illinois

And with the huge turnout of buyers the auction owner said I could pick up Friday

Ill post pictures and more Info when I go pick It up

13. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

If you like it then that is what matters. Just go out and enjoy it when you get it.

I do try to stay away from auctions though. I was at an auction at an RV dealer. Unlike your auction the sticker prices were right on the windshields. Stuff was selling for 25%-35% above retail!

14. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

Cool an unique shotgun.