Went shooting today

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by stalkingbear, May 11, 2011.

1. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

My nephew came down today so we went to the range naturally. I'd been working up a load for my .284 and I think I finally lucked into a pet load for it. I also just got done building a bull barrel 10/22 on the cheap with a Green Mountain barrel & Hogue stock. You can tell the different loads and see the group getting smaller for the .284.

Attached Files:

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

That looks like a great day. Excellent shooting Bear!! *mad props*

3. Poink88

Poink88 New Member

4. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Hey Bear. I know a guy that can do a great trigger job on your 10/22.:D

Nice report.

5. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Good shootin', Bear!

6. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

That 10/22 looks sweet Bear! Looks like you had a great day at the range. Thanks for sharing that with great time with us!!

Yea! It's still raining here!!

7. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

I forgot to mention that I topped the day off grilling elkburger & brats while having some ice cold beer!

8. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Bear,

Looks like you had a great time with your nephew! And it is always a good thing when you hit the magic combination on working up a load for that special rifle. And the barrel for the 10-22! I always liked those little rifles. Them and the Marlin 39A is my choices. Got the grandsons a 10-22 a couple of years ago for Christmas with 4X Scopes. They got to mount their scopes after learning to shoot with the irons.
    I too was on my range on Mother's Day afternoon. Mounting an IOR Valdada Scope on the Rock River LAR 08 that I previously pictured in my gallery. And put the scope that was on it on my Model 70 Winchester. Finally satisfied with the set ups! You know what I mean! As you guys, I had a great time zeroing the rifles and relaxing.
    Take care and sorry I can't make the get together coming up this year in KY.
    I will be on the road!

9. RugerShootinGal

RugerShootinGal New Member

Bear that is awesome pictures I love them. I am sorry I couldn't make it down this last time but would love to come back!!! I miss you and your wonderful family bunches!!!:)

10. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

You make me want to cry. I'm glad you had a great time. I think I saw the Mark II give me a little wink!

Darn it, RSG. I can't tell you how much I missed you guys at the Kentucky M&G. When Bear told me you guys weren't coming, I was truly heartbroken. But I had a wonderful time, anyway. I hope to meet you guys some day.

11. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

Looks like your finding the right load combo for your 284.
    Good shooting,Bear.

12. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I take it back, you sir, suck! ;)

I had chicken and broccoli. :eek: