Went deer hunting this weekend

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by ANAKINANAYA, Nov 30, 2010.

1. ANAKINANAYA

ANAKINANAYA New Member

I went hunting this weekend. I went to my uncles ranch in falfurias texas. I took my savage 308 cal with handloads. I used 150 grain remington soft point with 44.5 grains of imr-4895. I went out to the fence blind. I went out about 6:00 am at about 7:35 am i saw a five point deer on the other side of the fence. It was about 37 degrees so it ate corn and followed the trail back to the sindero. I was so excite cause this is my first time deer hunting. I was a bit nervous ill admit. I remember the marine di tell me to relax and control my breathing. I then aimed at my target thru my bushnell 3x9x40 dusk and dawn scope. At this point the deer was about 90-100 yards away. It turned and started back towards the fence and i had a choice to make. Either shoot it or let it go. I then tapped the inside of the blind and the deer froze. I then squeezed the trigger and bam! I saw the deer jump up and buck its head back. It then ran into the brush. After waiting for about 20 mins. I exited the blind and went to the area where i shot the deer. I saw a large blood trail and followed it. I then tracked the blood for about 15-20 yards and saw the deer laying on the ground. I was so happy cause this was the first time i had gone deer hunting and i got a deer.

Attached Files:

2. ANAKINANAYA

ANAKINANAYA New Member

I then processed the deer and while doing so i noticed that i shot the deer thru its heart. I was so happy cause this was my first deer. I know that it aint a big buck but i am happy with it. The third pic is the entrance wound, the next pic is the exit wound. my kids loved it my lil girl and one of my son's ate the ribs and loved it. never had more fun in my life.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 30, 2010

3. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

Congratulations.. Thats a nice looking deer.. its not a trophy but its meat in the freezer and thats what its all about to most of us :D

4. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Nice Buck!! Shot through the lites!!

5. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Great shot! Glad you had fun.

6. Badshot320

Badshot320 New Member

Congrats on your first deer! And a very well placed shot.