Well warning shots are apparently legal atleast in florida

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Gh0zt36, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

Unexpected guest leads to fight, shots fired inside beachside home

About 12:30 p.m., Connor said the homeowner entered his house and discovered that a 44-year-old acquaintance was unexpectedly inside. Both men started arguing, and a fight broke out.

The homeowner fired two shots into the ceiling to scare the other man off, Connor said.
    Detectives determined the gunfire was justifiable because the homeowner was defending himself. The homeowner declined to press charges against the other man, Connor said.

http://www.floridatoday.com/article...leads-fight-shots-fired-inside-beachside-home

2. TDS92A

TDS92A New Member Supporter

As long as the warning shots do not pose a threat to anyone, they are.

Do not trying in an apartment building or outside in public.

3. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Who shoots a hole in their own roof?

I can see putting a round through the carpet and into the crawl space, but a roof leak is going to cost thousands in repairs if not addressed immediately and before Hurricane season. :eek:

4. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

I don't believe in warning shots.

5. TDS92A

Now you know that Florida never has Hurricanes! :D

6. bkt

bkt New Member

A warning shot right between the eyes is OK....

7. Rarity

Rarity New Member

So much for the warning :p

8. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Wait a minute...the guy fears for his life sufficiently enough to draw a gun and put 2 rounds through his ceiling then refuses to press charges? WTF?

9. Babyfacenelson

Babyfacenelson New Member

He didn't press charges for two reasons.
    He feels like he over reacted by pulling and then fireing a gun in a response to a fight.
    The second is he doesnt have the balls. Same reason he put two rounds in the ceiling instead of in the BG's chest.
    Just my .02

10. Old_Crow

Old_Crow New Member

Don't think warning shots are all good. if you are in the wrong place or circumstance you will be in a heap of trouble . Moreover, getting a CCP or renewing a CCP will be a nightmare.

11. nosaj

nosaj New Member

I think warning shots are OK if you just want to "see them dance"

12. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

That's where I'd put it

13. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

This is my, opinion:

It is not as simple as you might think from this story. By law, the shooter had to feel that his, or someone else's, life was in immediate danger inorder to fire the shot. By that same reasoning he could have shot the guy dead.

To produce, in anger, or fire a firearm in a situation that does not meet the "danger" threat, will get you jail time here.

It reminds me of the Clint Eastwood scene in Gran Torino, where he brings his rifle to the front porch to intimidate the kids tearing up his lawn. If Florida, old Clint, would have been taking a ride in a police car for that action. He would probably been convicted of a firearms crime with a mandatory minimum sentence.

And this in a state where 2A is alive, strong, and healthy.

14. gmaster456

gmaster456 New Member

If someone is in my house, I don't believe I owe them the courtesy of a warning shot. A verbal warning yes, but I'm not firing a gun off inside my house unless I absolutely have to, if not only for my hearing.

15. JonM

JonM Moderator

all warning shots should be placed center mass of the threatening individual.

16. glockman55

glockman55 Member

Absolutely..If you draw your weapon, you'd better be prepared to stop the threat.....warning shots? are you kidding me?

17. Flat Tire

Flat Tire New Member

The first OP said "a 44 year old acquantance ".... so was he doing the other guys wife/girlfriend ?

18. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

Think about the environment folks! Warning shots are not the green thing to do! 1 shot, right between the peepers, gnite...

19. TDS92A

Not to mention the compost factor after the fact. :D

20. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

Yes, exactly. Green is the perfect color of them decomposing their thoughts 8' underground!