Well is anyone in the path of Irene?

Discussion in 'Survival & Sustenance Living Forum' started by Jimmy, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Jimmy

Jimmy New Member

And if you are, I hope the best for you. Hope your ready.

Jimmy

2. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Pretty much the entire east coast north of NC is in the path. I am in NJ about 50 miles inland so pretty much a tropical storm for me but NYC and eastern New England looks to get hit pretty hard. This could be a nightmare event for insurance companies due to the dollar value of property in the storms path. Hope you all shopped smartly and paid attention to those Best ratings.

Heading out for provisions now...already got gas, water and buckshot in case the power goes out.
    Might be zombie outbreaks this weekend!!

3. Toll13

Toll13 New Member

Zombies?! Guess I'll be manning Jacksonville Beach this weekend. I hate Zombie Hurricanes.

4. Gordo323

Gordo323 New Member

Batten down the hatches fellow FTF boys and girls in harms way!
    Hurricane predictions are unreliable at best.
    But being prepared, before all others wait until the last minute to try and become prepared, makes all the difference in the world!
    Hope Irene loses all steam and heads for Newfoundland.:confused:
    Prayers to the east coast!

5. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

Not a worry in the world in Iowa but I wish all to the east the very best of luck through it all.

6. shadamai

shadamai New Member

I should be just enough inland to miss all the action...but will be packing an emergency bag in my trunk just in case the storm track should change while I am working long shifts this weekend (thanks, survival thread people!) Almost all of my family and many of my friends live right on the coast, so I'm watching it closely and praying for safety.

For all of you along the East coast, be safe.

7. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Hunker down and be safe folks.

8. ThinkFastHolsters

ThinkFastHolsters New Member

Got all my shopping done Monday. I'm in Richmond so it shouldn't be too horrible but every day the forecast has changed. one day it's tracking more inland the next more out to sea. I'm sure enough not underestimating mother nature! Got my water, food, various tools, rifle, 250 rounds, 4 mags loaded on standby. You loot, I shoot. Stay safe guys!

9. OC357

OC357 New Member

I am way Upstate in NY not near the coastal areas but still should get some hard rain and some wind depending on how far inland it comes as it is a big storm.

So all you people on the coast stay safe.

OC

10. moneymaker17

moneymaker17 New Member

Im in southern Md on the Chesapeake bay we got hit pretty hard