well im screwed please help

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by MikeBofAZ, Dec 21, 2012.

1. MikeBofAZ

MikeBofAZ New Member

My groomsmen just went online to order my LE6920 and low and behold there arnt any..... Any help or am I screwed out of it actually there are no ar15s for sale in az that we can find at all...... So much for my joining the club. Guess I'll just watch from the sidelines

.... I'm not sure if I'm just being dramatic or over reacting but does anyone have any ideas of how to get this colt.... Or any ar anymore?

2. MikeBofAZ

MikeBofAZ New Member

On a side note I guess I'll gave a bunch of pmags, a 100 round surefire mag, full magpul furniture and a trijicon for sale lol oh and 5.11 36in bad in coyote

3. TBK224

TBK224 New Member

Are you really planning on selling the above mentioned items?

4. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

He might, but im sure he'll do it in the classifieds section.

Mike, there's ARs everywhere

(In the hands of *******s, who want to screw you out of your money)

5. Squawk

Squawk New Member

There are still some to be had online. I would recommend waiting until after Christmas. You will be fine. And don't be so hung on Colt, some will disagree, but there are other brands that are just as dependable. Most internal parts come from 1 or 2 companies anyways.

6. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Just hang on for awhile. This will pass and prices will come down/availability will get better. Even if they do get their bill together it still is going to take awhile before a new law can be implemented. The manufacturers will crank up production and flood the market before a new ban is enacted, prices will come down for awhile and then go back up in the panic days just before enactment. This is what happened in '94.

7. LaiePoi

LaiePoi New Member

I saw ar15's for sale at 2 different gun shops today. One in chandler and one in queen creek. Didn't see any colts there though

8. MikeBofAZ

MikeBofAZ New Member

What shops.... Merchant firearms? Or are they in ahwatukee

9. MikeBofAZ

MikeBofAZ New Member

I appreciate that and I'll look but the colt thing runs a bit deeper than just the AR for me

10. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Anyone trying to buy their first AR (or ak for that matter) right now is going to face a long wait and greatly inflated price. The time to buy is passed. The time to buy was 6 years ago. Prepping at the last minute is ill advised.

11. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

no chance you can't have it back-ordered? :confused:

12. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

I am in AZ and will sell you my AR at a GREATLY INFLATED price :rolleyes:

Have your buddies buys you the rest if the parts and a if you ask around enough you should be able to find a lower and build your own.

13. jasrrt

jasrrt New Member

Agree. Model 1 sales have a variety of kits that are only missing a stripped lower receiver.

14. JonM

JonM Moderator

ive had some folks i know that have poked fun at me for being a firearms person call me in the last few days telling me they cant find a ar15 and wanting me to sell them some of mine heh

just wait and see keep looking. whats making the issue worse is this time of the year is typically when the manufacture of firearms has been stopped for the last few months and back stock is sold off before the new year starts. compound that with libtards trying to ban all guns not just ar15 and here we are.

15. PC167

PC167 New Member

I agree... I built my ar its not at all difficult to do... Good luck :-D

16. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

Check some of our local guys a call or stop by their businesses and talk to the personally to find out what their backorder times are or if they can do something for you. Being personal helps a ton. Try places like American Spirit Arms in Scottsdale, AGP Arms in Tempe, Sun Devil Mfg in Mesa or Quentin Defense in Gilbert. Hope this helps.

17. Delmonte67

Delmonte67 New Member

Unfortunately Robocop is right, I have a buddy who is now on a last minute hunt for basically any AR in our area before the possible "ban" happens and cant seem to find anything in stores/ online or the prices are unbelievably gouged beyond belief. No one knows the future of the AR15 right now, so everyone and their brother wants one. I went to buy some 223 ammo to stock up 2 days ago at a major LGS which normally carries a crap load of AR's - ziltch! not one, I barely found my ammo. I took a pic of the huge bottom shelf to show a friend. Just shotguns and hunting style rifles left. Kinda surreal. Good luck bro! If you find any model for a decent price, jump on it! D.

ForumRunner_20121221_130047.jpg

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  18. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Not what you had hoped for but have your buddy give you a gift certificate for the cost if the Colt. May be a year until prices get back to normal, its a sellers market now and those that have inventory are gouging. Pick up a shotgun if you need peace of mind...more than adequate to keep the goblins at bay.

19. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

NOT!!!:p:p:p:p

20. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Slim pickin's around here too. Before the shooting my Walmart had a Colt 6920, Bushamster, DPMS, Windham, Sig and Oly. I've been tempted to get the Colt the last few weeks but really don't need another AR. On Sunday the 6920 was gone. Today they're all gone. Checking with buddies it's pretty much the same thing all over Boise for ARs, stripped lowers and mags. Ammo's low too.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012