well i'm moving on up.....

Discussion in 'New Hampshire Gun Forum' started by Mack Bolan, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Mack Bolan

Mack Bolan New Member

to the east side....

of the lower 48.....

little too excited at the moment, its the last place I thought I might end up for whatever reason, but looking pretty sure to happen.

So I might need some advice from the FTF New Hampshire residents here in the future, so just thought I'd post the heads up, have a house to sell and work arrangements to wrap up but could be there as soon as March, definitely by end of spring. woohoo!:cool::):D

2. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

I sure hope that works out for you.

3. Mercator

Mercator Well-Known Member

NH is the best NE state for owning guns, by far.

4. Mack Bolan

Mack Bolan New Member

thank you! me too!

yeah, I hear there are enough bear and moose up there to justify that ;), but that is one aspect I am definitely looking forward too.

5. Eagle1803

Eagle1803 New Member

let us know how that works out for you and watch the gene pools.

6. JonM

JonM Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

For now...

Its been going heavy retard in the last several election cycles and there are almost enough wackjobs in office there now to turn it into a mini-commiefornia. More and more grasshoppers are fleeing their poop covered state of taxachussettes for the fresh ground of new hampster.

Its not looking good for future gun righrs there.

7. Eagle1803

Eagle1803 New Member

Anything on the east coast except southern is a toss in the air on gun rights, it could literally change overnight.

8. Mack Bolan

Mack Bolan New Member

I appreciate the input gentlemen as that was a concern of mine. I must admit coming from IL, its still gonna feel like I'm shedding some major restrictions.

I keep referring back to this list when I check a states status for an avid collector although I don't consider it the golden rule or only list.

http://www.gunsandammo.com/galleries/ga-ranks-the-best-states-for-gun-owners-in-2013/undefined

10. New Hampshire

New Hampshire is a Shall-Issue CCW state. Open carry is legal without a permit—except in a vehicle—and the state has a new Stand Your Ground law, which was enacted in 2011. State legislators have spoken out against the president’s anti-gun proposals. There are no restrictions on MSRs or magazine capacity. New Hampshire ranks 39th in the nation in gun ownership with 30 percent of the population listed as gun owners.

Even so, like most have reiterated here, combating those takeovers is a never-ending saga. It seems to ebb and flow all over, Montana, Oregon, Colorado...where ever there is a housing boom or a new trendy area to live. I'm not excited to hear that JonM, but certainly used to already dealing with that majority of "heavy retard" type of thinking....I did spend 16 years in the heart of Chicago....:eek:

9. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Hey man, don't worry about it, those guy are just jealous. Since I bought my first gun about 20 years ago, there have been no major changes in the laws. Other than for the better. You will also not have to worry about the gene pool in the southern half of the state, either. What part of NH are you coming to?

Any questions, feel free...

10. Mack Bolan

Mack Bolan New Member

Thanks much Clr8ter,

we'll likely be in the lower half near an airport and transportation (near being within an hour) per my wife's travel requirements with her job, I don't know where i'll be employed yet, so we'll probably rent the first year.

I'm sure I'll be hitting you up for info down the road here though, much appreciated.

11. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

No problem. Manchester regional is where you want to be near. (MHT) It is actually a very nice airport, easy to navigate, lots of flights. The only problem is that flights may cost a little more, and there is usually more connections to where you want to go. But, Boston (Logan International) is also not that far. I hate going to Boston, it's a total cluster ****.

12. nhsuper44

nhsuper44 New Member

Mack, clr8ter is SPOT ON !! Don't listen to jon and eagle,they're just green with envy !:D Live free or die !!! WELCOME!!! Terry.

13. Eagle1803

Eagle1803 New Member

LOL.....okay:D

14. RUT

RUT New Member Supporter

>> I must admit coming from IL, its still gonna feel like I'm shedding some major restrictions<<

You will feel like you've been transported to an alternate universe!

15. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

LOL, he's going to be in the LGS every weekend, buying every cool toy he's ever wanted. (and couldn't):D

16. nhsuper44

nhsuper44 New Member

Ya! That and he will be checking Armslist NH for the next private sale !!! WOO-HOO !!!:cool:

17. RayB

RayB New Member

Constitutional carry just passed in the state senate and has moved to the house. I went to the hearings. Only two people spoke out against it with a third speaking about permit fee losses. It has a good change of passing the house but will likely get vetoed by the Governor. NH is a great place to live. I occasionally open carry my sidearm and the only person that ever said anything about it was a person contemplating if he should get a Glock 26 or a 27. Conversation revealed he had a 19 so O suggested the 26 for magazine compatibility. He did not know the 26 could take his 19 mags. My wife shook her head and said, "that conversation would never happen in Massachusetts"
    Gotta love NH

18. Mack Bolan

Mack Bolan New Member

looks like we might reside in or around Stratham, Rye, Greenland, or North Hampton area.

I loved Portsmouth, and the Dolphin Stryker, nice little music joint. Dartmouth Campus was interesting....reminded me of Univ. of Chicago campus.....groupings of our countries smartest kids like clusters of ants, none of which can look up when crossing the street....:p

if we can just manage to get a property and stay out of what's considered "compact part" of town, we'll be golden.

anyone here plink on less than 2 acres?

19. Shoobee

Shoobee New Member

It's good to hear about Constitutional Carry spreading from Vermont to nearby states.

Constitutional Carry is the future of 2A.

Sometime during the next GOP administration I would like to see a Federal statute mandating it and thus putting teeth into 2A.

The current SCOTUS is strict-constructionist enough to allow for states' rights letting each state decide on their own. I ironically however this allows states like Calif and NY to specifically infringe completely on 2A.

I would like to see a more strict-constructionist SCOTUS rule in favor of a federal statute mandating a completely uninfringed 2A everywhere in addition.

20. RUT

RUT New Member Supporter

Mack,

That area of the state is vey nice, so I hope you find something that suits your needs. We too love to visit Portsmouth, although we're an easy hour away. As far as plinking goes, I have ten acres here but choose not to plink on it. There are enough neighbors around that I don't want to be known as "that guy". I belong to a gun club only five miles from me, so it's not a problem.

Good luck with your move......

RUT