Well, I'll be honest....I am a liar....

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by StainlessSteel215, Apr 8, 2013.

1. StainlessSteel215

StainlessSteel215 New Member

I just realized, I currently do not own a SINGLE stainless steel firearm! All black & blue now ;)

Sorry for the random thought, just thought it was funny.....now I really need a shiny new 1911 and lets actually make this thread about guns. Looking for a nice medium quality stainless commander length 1911 for under $700. Thinking about obviously a Ruger SR1911 but I doubt Ill find one for under $700

Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
  2. sdiver35

sdiver35 New Member

See you have been wanting one so bad you suppressed the want! Now you have identified the need and must act on it. :)

3. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Stainless, u should ask "you're a racist" john what's black and white and re(a)d all over; a communist newspaper he'd agree. As for your black and blue gun -- whaddya mean? I have a compact 1911ish .40 Star but they went outta business years ago...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  4. StainlessSteel215

haaaa!

Sorry I meant I have black guns, and blued guns.....zero stainless at the moment. Need me a shiny new 1911 under $700

5. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

I know I have two.
    A Ruger Security Six, 2 3/4" barrel and a Colt Govt. 380.
    Not sure if there any more stainless.
    However, I did run out and order a Ruger 1911 the day after the release hoping for a low serial #.
    I still don't have one. :mad:

Oh. As for the lying, I wouldn't worry about it.
    I don't think I know a guy that hasn't done at some time. You know. ;)

Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
  6. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

This would certainly give ole "Freud" something to do..! :confused: :)

7. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I was looking at several stainless 1911s the other day. My wife was ok with me buying one. I was looking at one with a $1400 price tag. It was a Sprinfield Tactical. It was very nice. But I did not buy it. I have not researched to see if the price was reasonable. I am not interested in Kimber. I have been shooting IDPA with a $500 gun. It is a Citadel. It has a lot of features for the money. It really does perform for me. It occured to me that I would be really upset if I spent $1400 on a gun and then realized that it did not out perform my $500 gun. So I have decided to use my 629 next time just to change things up a little.

8. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

Yo Stainless, that's as good of an excuse to go get you some, as any excuse!

I say, you need to be tellin' the truth!!

Don't mislead us anymore!!!;)

9. StainlessSteel215

Good point Rick.....and thats EXACTLY what I was trying to justify with this thread EatMYDust!

I was actually looking at an ATI, Citadel, and actually an officer sized Umarex Regent 350CR which looks like a sweet little pistol....but of course its black ;)

But I cannot keep my eyes off the SR1911 by Ruger. Its gorgeous

10. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

A stainless steel Colt Gold Cup NM.:)