Well done USA Soccer

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Davyboy, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Wow you guys put out a class team in the world cup. Held us to a 1-1 draw. Best American soccer team I have ever seen. I think we are both in with a shot.

2. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Davy, my British brother....um......meh. I know that Spitty might be following this, but...I will say good luck to both teams. Soccer is not nearly as big here as some other sports like tiddlywinks. ;)

3. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Soccer

You may not realise it Skull but soccer is one of the largest participating sports in America its just that no one watches it.

4. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I will not argue with any of that at all. Very true statements right there. There are more kids playing soccer every year than any other sport here in the USA, but that is because everyone can play soccer. Not everyone can play soccer well, but everyone can play. The difference comes in the later years of school where only the better ones make the team. I doubt most people can name one professional team here in the US let alone 5. Football, baseball and basketball on the other hand...

Don't misunderstand, I know that soccer worldwide is the largest watched sport there is. Personally, I can't bring myself to watch soccer without falling asleep.

5. ScottG

ScottG New Member

Go England! Go USA! at the World Kickball Championship.... :D

6. 2hot2handle

2hot2handle New Member

My sisters are huge into soccer (they played collegiately) so it's been on all day at my house. I can't watch any teams besides our friends from across the pond and the good ol'US of A. I did watch the nearly the whole thing, but I would have to say Davy that though this year's US team is probably the best over the last decade, they are very lucky to have tied that game. I do see England going all the way in the tourney...

7. MGH

MGH New Member

I would have to agree. Green let the ball roll by him.:D I bet England is pretty upset at him right now.
    The English seemed much more controlled than the US; if it weren't for Green it would have been hard to get out of the group round.

My wife is Brazilian and I lived in Mexico so the World Cup is pretty big in our home. :cool:

8. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

What is this Soccer thing you are talking about? Is that like the World Cup, I hope Two Girls win it.:D

9. kcolg

kcolg New Member

Actually is the football world cup, not the soccer world cup...

10. RugerShootinGal

RugerShootinGal New Member

Shihan you have lost your mind!!!!:p

11. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Pretty bold announcing your wife's heritage here! I say that because it seems like those intolerant "whities" have started to take over the place with their anti-other than southern white avatars and all...

My wife is of Guatemalan nationality, but she is no bigger fan of soccer than I am. I can say that I am not a fan. My fil on the other hand is a big fan. We don't discuss it.

12. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

My wife's inflatable. We don't have much to talk about, but she doesn't get upset if I see other women:p

13. RugerShootinGal

RugerShootinGal New Member

Nice I like that one LMAO!!!:D

14. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

I'm probably the only Argentine who HATES soccer/football. I've never seen a whole match in my life, I just can't stand it.

Today even the busiest parts of the city were completely empty, public transport was barely running. I had a training session scheduled at roughly the same time as the Argentina game and nobody showed up.

I hope this world cup nonesense is over with quickly. I mean, this damned country barely functions as is, we can't afford more distractions!

15. kcolg

kcolg New Member

Well,you can always emigrate from the "damned" country

16. zhuk

zhuk New Member

They're calling it "The Hand of Clod" poor bastard!

Soccer isn't a big factor here either (despite it having the largest community participation rate of any code). But like aussies tend to do, when something big like the World Cup rolls around people who never usually watch it become fans all of a sudden - until we get beaten lol

And our first match is against Germany - so that's highly likely :p

17. TXnorton

TXnorton New Member

RSG: This quote obviously presumes that Shi ever had control of said mind in order for him to loose it!

Last edited: Jun 13, 2010
  18. lonyaeger

lonyaeger Active Member

This kinda sums up how I feel about soccer, no offense to soccer fans.

[​IMG]

19. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

And they call it the beutiful game

Attached Files:

20. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

All I have ever seen were a bunch of ghays running around in their silky outfits failing their arms and kicking at a ball. Now if you added some bats or helmets and allowed players to tackle (I am not talking about kicking someone down) each other. Or maybe put the goalie in a rear neckied choke or an arm bar. Now that would be a good sport. MMA Football......