Well , am I stupid or what ?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by dango, May 5, 2014.

1. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

About a year go , we had a new neighbor move in just down the hill from us .Him and his younger wife decided to force their friend ship upon us .

Heavy drinker and a bit of a pest . He asked me for a few favors , tools and things to do some major repairs on there house . Being the good neighbor , I told him I do not loan tools but I would help him .

I went to town , about a 25 minute drive and the neighbor had come to my shop to borrow tools to fix something . He took it upon him self to go into my shop and take it .

I live with an old friend that I have known since we were kids . He's handicapped and not in the best physical shape . This neighbor is a rather large fellow , 240-ish , 6+ ft. Tall and an ass . Braggart , tough guy , bully , you know the type .

I went down to confront the guy and get my tools back . I walk with a hand made cane which I do need since my last surgery recently . As usual ., the guy was being a total ass was getting a little pushy ! I cracked him in the shin , hard , then behind the knees and he went down !

61 years old , two years probation and the first time I ever went to jail . There goes my sainthood down the drain . This is very embarrassing because there is no glory in what I did . It will be expunged but it happened . This guy has got to go ,
    He makes me nervous and I will not not live in fear of anything or anybody !

Sorry to all my friends here , but in my physical state , I could have hurt him much worse with that little old walking stick than I did . :eek:

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  2. Eagle1803

Eagle1803 New Member

Sounds like old school therapy to me. Sometimes you got to do what you have to do.

Most people would have called the cops and they wouldn't be able to do anything.

You didn't swallow your pride, you handled it, it was justly yours. he deserved it!

My neighbors are asses to but I wish you were mine.

3. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

and they never took into consideration the idiot walked onto your property and took property that didn't belong to him?

no Dango, i would have done the same thing. don't worry, your sainthood is still intact here at FTF!:D

4. Axxe55

yep, exactly! i'd have Dango for a neighbor and be honored to have him for a neighbor!:D

5. therukh

therukh New Member

I can see myself in that situation. I'd have done the same...but did you get your tools back?

6. dango

Yes , I got my tools back . That,s when he started getting pushy ! I live in a very small town and come warm weather , i,m always out there practicing my Dao and Katana everyday . I love stealth and long bladed weapons . I,d just bought another Katana two moths ago . It,s beautiful ! :D

7. rockratt

rockratt Active Member Lifetime Supporter

That is funny!!! Sounds like to me you done him a favor. Some of us wouldn't stop just because he hit the ground....
    In my best Mr. Rogers voice "Will you be my neighbor"???

8. Eagle1803

Eagle1803 New Member

yeah, there's not a whole lot of good neighbors. they should build pro-gun subdivisions....lol

9. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

If you were in fear of bodily harm, self defense could come into play.
    (But check with a lawyer first.)

10. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

I don't get how some folks can feel like they are entitled to a favor from you just because they live near by. A favor, is exactly that, a kindness granted at someones whim or because of a sense of developing good relations. If someone is not inclined to extend a favor, that is up to them, as long as they don't expect one in turn. Grown adults, should be able to understand this.

Usually for me a first favor is a given. If I get burned in the process, we're done. If I have someone steal my stuff in the process, they are going to get to make it right, one way or the other. Seems fair.

11. dango

In my present state of health , I will not give anybody the chance for any kind of head blow whatsoever ! My neck is nothing but screws , titanium cable and plates
    C-1 - C-6 . Any major blow or lucky shot could kill or cripple me and I know it .

I thought I was within in my rights but because I confronted him on his property I was in the wrong.....? :confused:

12. Axxe55

that may be the defining point right there. they may have felt that you should have called LE to handle the issue beings it was on his property.

i am by no means saying i think you were in the wrong or that i wouldn't have done the same, but i don't get to make the rules anymore than you do.

yeah, POS "borrows" your property and you go to retreive it and look what happens. yeah, it sucks Dango. :mad:

13. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I'm sorry, Dango. I would recommend LOCKING everything up. The guy's an idiot and you'll have to be proactive to keep your things on your property.

14. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I might be confused about this issue. When someone comes on your property and borrows your tools without your permission that is called theft? You were just recovering your stolen property when he forced you to defend yourself.

15. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

I also agree that you should simply be able to go kick his ass. But he DID go on your property when you weren't home, and STOLE your stuff. Why wouldn't the cops do something about that?

16. Mouser

Mouser Member

Wow...the older I get, the more cynical I seem to get. My profession puts me in contact with a great many people, but in my private life, I stay as far away from most people as I can get. I think if I'd been born 150 years ago I surely would have been a mountain man.

Some people are jerks and you can only choose your neighbors once. I am happy to have move out of the last subdivision...I was the third house and it stayed mostly that way for a few years; then suddenly there were 15 homes and gasoline siphoned out of my lawnmower, my dog injured...likely due to a kick in the rear end and complaints to the developer about various issues.

I moved, bought more land and am trying to live as far away from people as I can get!

17. Mercator

Mercator New Member

Dango. To answer your question, you were a fool to fight him on his property. That said... I salute you man!

18. Shoobee

Shoobee New Member

Thou shalt not loan out thy tools.

Thou shalt not leave thy garage door opened.

Thou shalt not beat anyone with a stick.

:D

19. Axxe55

while i agree with Dango and more than likely would do the same thing, there is that pesky little thing that the law likes, and it's called proof.

there is a huge difference in between knowing someone did something wrong and proof they did something wrong. anyone care to guess wwhich one of these will stand up in a court of law? everyone knows OJ killed his ex-wife, but the law didn't prove he killed her and he was acquited of the charges in court.

so even if Dango called the cops and they show up and they go over there and unless in someway they can prove the property belongs to Dango, there is not a lot they can do legally to make him return the property. simple little issue of proof. now if Dango knows exactly which property belonged to him and had some proof it belonged to him, then the cops now have something to work with. if his tools had his SS# engraved or something similiar, then it puts the ball in Dango's court. why would this guy have tools with Dango's SS# engraved on them would be the big question for this POS.

20. Shoobee

Shoobee New Member

Winds is right on -- anytime a psycho takes your stuff he/she figures that you deserved to lose it.

Locks keep honest people honest.

For everyone else there are gun safes.