Welcome a new ammunition storage idea

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by BoneDryAmmo, Feb 9, 2014.

1. BoneDryAmmo

BoneDryAmmo New Member Supporter

I would like to thank FirearmsTalk for the opportunity to become a Sponsor and share our new ideas and products with you.

As we know, ammunition has become harder to find and, for those that are or have been lucky in finding it, it is challenge to protect it therefore, we are here to introduce a new and better way to store and protect your investment.

Bone-Dry Ammo containers have an integrated molecular sieve which traps and holds moisture away from your ammunition, reducing the relative humidity inside the container to one tenth of one percent. If unopened, this relative humidity will remain stable.

Please visit our website www.bonedryammo.com. We have more products in developing stages such as ammo can liners, desiccant blocks and other products that will surely revolutionize the storage industry.

Bone-Dry Ammo Storage
    Store it, forget it, find it, shoot it....

Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  2. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

A new vendor? Welcome.

3. KG7IL

KG7IL Active Member

Welcome to the Forum.... I'll go take a look now.... see you later.

4. BoneDryAmmo

good morning and thank you!!

5. jebsca

jebsca New Member

As I look at this, I question how reusable this is. In my mind, storing a small quantity like listed on the website is a short term storage, and will be open back up later only to replace the ammo in it and add moisture as well. How well does this stuff work for repeated use? If it works well for a long term storage, then larger containers will be nice to see and try.

Sent from my smart phone using my not smart hand.

6. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Any plans for a 50-cal ammo can size? Or a liner for a 50-cal ammo can? That is what most people I know use.

7. BoneDryAmmo

Thanks for the questions, as for opening these the moisture budget allows for approx 40 openings at 40% rh a rate you find indoors so 20 times if outside at 80% rh at 86*f, but they can be recharged with a blow dryer to heat but careful not to melt them and also 15 second bursts in a microwave will recharge the mositure budget. When i go shooting i open one and dump all the ammo onto a cloth then close the lid on the empty container then load my weapon or magazines. As for Ammo cans we are coming out with a kit to line your 50 cal ammo can the same size will be offered for the 30 cal cans you just use scissors to cut to fit and have more to go in a smaller can forthe same price. thanks neo

8. BoneDryAmmo

We are also coming out with strips of molecular sieve to fit inside your factory boxes of ammo. It is thin and you just open the flab on the box and slide it in each box between the cardboard and the ammo. Then you stack them in your ammo can lined or not. these will be considered disposable but we hope the price point will be such that you can buy many. We also have a 200g brick that will fit in an ammo can with a huge moisture budget. So yes thanks for asking and keep shooting ... or hording ammo which ever makes you smile. neo

9. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Bone,

Was at your site a few days ago (saw the banner ad) and liked the convenience of the containers in that they fit into most magazine pouches, but only had two questions. Is the plastic made to last long-term, i.e. decades of weekly use, or should these be considered disposable? Also, is the ammo just dumped in to get capacities claimed, or does the ammo have to be stacked and/or fitted inside the container for maximum capacity?

A new question popped up after reading your answers above: could the desiccant pad be made removable so there was no danger of heat harming the container? Pull strip out of container and use blow dryer or microwave on only the strip.

Thanks in advance for your attention to our questions.

10. BoneDryAmmo

Yes the containers are very hard and durable and have been extensively tested for Ingress. All plastic let air in but very slowly. It will take 40 years to go from .1rh to 10.00% rh. And only on the biggest container can you remove the molecular sieve lining and heat it to recharge . 15 sec in a microwave on hi is how i have tested them with no deformation. the others can be recharged with a blow dryer. So we do not consider the containers disposable, use them over and over.
    Yes i dump the ammo in. you can gently shake them you'll see the ammo orient up or down then continue. but it is a pretty fast process. Thanks

Keep shooting ... or hording ammo which ever makes you smile

11. BoneDryAmmo

very cool i just saw you quoted Edmund Burke. Isn't he is the one who said , all that is necessary for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing?(Paraphrased)

12. TekGreg

Thanks for the reply. I'll place an order shortly.

13. TekGreg

That's hilarious! I changed my sig line after years to include that quote before I read your post.

Burke did not say it that succinctly, but may have provided the basis for it. Here is a quote from wiki quote.org:

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
    This is probably the most quoted statement attributed to Burke, and an extraordinary number of variants of it exist, but all without any definite original source. These very extensively used remarks may be based on a paraphrase of some of Burke's ideas, but he is not known to have ever declared them in so succinct a manner in any of his writings. They may have been adapted from these lines of Burke's in his Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents (1770): "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."
    This purported quote bears a resemblance to the narrated theme of Sergei Bondarchuk's Soviet film adaptation of Leo Tolstoy's book "War and Peace", in which the narrator declares "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing", although since the original is in Russian various translations to English are possible. This purported quote also bears resemblance to a quote widely attributed to Plato, that said "The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."
    More research done on this matter is available at these two links: Burkequote & Burkequote2 — as the information at these links indicate, there are many variants of this statement, probably because there is no clearly definitive original by Burke. The quote may very well be a modification of "‎Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing." - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address: Delivered to the University of St. Andrews, Feb. 1st 1867. In addition, an exhaustive examination of this quote has been done at the following link.

14. BoneDryAmmo

Everyone, i hope you are doing well and all is well around you! news around us, south and east are troubling as are talks in our own surroundings so we have to keep aware, informed and stay in touch. We continue our research to find better storage ideas and options for all. Until then please look at our Patriotic Storage Containers because... "these Colors don't run...ever"