weirdest thing loaded into a shotgun

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by texaswoodworker, Jan 22, 2012.

1. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Here's a random question for you.

What is the weirdest thing you, os someone else has ever put in a shotgun?

I have heard of things like fishhooks, super bounce balls, dimes, rock salt, and firecrackers being put into shotguns (but have never done any of this myself). How about you?

Also, wouldn't these type of things damage the barrel?

2. fatmidgets

fatmidgets New Member

I've got a good one for you. My friend was telling me that some of his idiot friends took a 12 gauge birdshot shell, emptied the shot, and replaced it with pepper. Then they shot it at this boy who didn't know, and it sounded like the kid nearly s*#! HIS PANTS! Idiots...

3. trip286

trip286 New Member

4. texaswoodworker

Yep, idiots. Isn't that assult?

Ouch.

5. steveb1022

steveb1022 New Member

6. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Ive heard flechette darts, rock salt and dimes. Also saw dragon's breath 12 gauge shells at a gunshow once.

7. jordan89

jordan89 New Member

Is any of that stuff legal?

8. trip286

trip286 New Member

That's questionable.

9. texaswoodworker

The question is... Who's going to check unless you shoot someone with it? :D

I think the Dragon's Breath is illegal in some places though.

10. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

Nothing is illegal till you get caught ;)

11. jordan89

jordan89 New Member

Lol well it might make for some good SHTF ammo...but I look at it as more of a legal burden. I will just stick with regular ammo. After all 00 buck is probably better to have than fleshets right?

12. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

I have literally loaded just about everything you can think of into a shotgun.........

13. jordan89

jordan89 New Member

Broken glass?
    Toe nail clippings?

All joking aside...I'm not a reloader(yet, hoping to get into it soon) but is it hard to make custom loads? As in loads that are safe for you and your gun?

14. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

No its not. Iv made nickel sized 10 ga steel inserts, aluminum shavivings from a drill press the mixed em w table salt. Same w steel shavings and rock salt. Horseshoe nails, sand, pea gravel, and my all time favorite-thumb tacks.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

15. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

I loaded a 10 ga. with Chili Peppers and shot a bull in the ***. We had good beef chili all winter.:D

16. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Reminds me. My uncle made some from habanero seeds for my aunts avenger 20 ga...neighbor kids kept peein on her brand new charger. I dont mean on the tires/rims either, but the doors and hood. One blast of that from bout 20' to the offendin area put a major stop to that.

17. jordan89

jordan89 New Member

That's awesome. I cannot wait to start reloading. Hopefully after my wedding I will have some funds for some reloading gear....and a 1911. Maybe until then i'll just read up on it and do my homework.
    Haha!

On a side note I had some awesome elk chili today!

18. trip286

trip286 New Member

Hint, don't start off with this stuff work your way into it. In fact many (most) people will tell you not to do it at all.

19. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Yes they will and good advice....only reason i do it is cuz my mentor taught me how

20. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

I have a 12 g flechette round made for the US military- guard duty around aircraft- so that you do not shoot up a $30 million dollar plane with an M16.

However, I used to have a EIGHT guage side by side muzzleloader. Problem was, it would kill a deer so far off, by the time you got to it, the meat had spoiled.

Solved that by loading the right barrel with buckshot, and the left barrel with rock salt, razor blades and using waxed paper and string for wadding.

You fired the right barel, and killed the deer. Then fired the left barrel, and started walking. When you got there, the deer had been dressed, the meat wrapped in paper and tied with string, and the hide salted down for tanning.

They just don't make them like that any more, but the game laws now limit you to 10 guage guns.

:rolleyes: