Weird little tip for .380 guys

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by cnorman18, Aug 24, 2012.

1. cnorman18

cnorman18 New Member

I usually carry a spare mag or two in my left pocket when I'm wearing my LCP or my Kel-Tec in the right one -- and I've discovered that one of those leather Bic lighter covers is a perfect fit for a .380 magazine. I have a rattlesnake one (that I bought at a gun show, oddly enough) that I especially like; it keeps the mag clean and is easy to strip for a quick reload. Like I said, a weird tip, but there it is.

2. woody63m

woody63m New Member

Pictures show us pictures i dont understand bic lighter cover???

3. cvia

cvia New Member

Oooojhhhhhhh I will have to check that out. Good way to hide it to. People would be like what is that? How do I light it lol?

4. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Check out those Swiss Army Knife carrier for the belt.
    I use it for my PPK/s

5. phildenton

phildenton New Member

Finding a mag holder for a pocked 22/25, i did similar as the op, used a knife sheath or flashlight holder

6. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

I understand everything except why you would pocket a 22/25.

7. phildenton

phildenton New Member

referring to a pocket size .22 or .25... what dont you understand?

8. Longrange

Longrange New Member

I think he meant why would you carry such a small caliber as a defensive tool? I could be wrong though.

9. cnorman18

cnorman18 New Member

Hey, I've carried a .22 minirevolver, at times when nothing larger was practical. It's better than a fist or a sharp rock. I've gotten a little more comfortable with carrying my .380, which is better; but I'm sure I'll have the .22 in my pocket again from time to time. For some of us, a .45 or even a 9mm isn't particularly practical -- though I am intrigued by the new supercompact nines.

10. Sentry18

Sentry18 New Member

Good stuff. I am using and old iPod nano case but a lighter case would look (and probably work) better.

11. rhyno13

rhyno13 New Member

Just picked up a sig sauer 380. Seems like a pretty cool weapon for it's size. I am looking forward to bringing it to the range this weekend.

12. cvia

cvia New Member

The P238? I want that one! Let us know how it shoots!

13. phildenton

phildenton New Member

there are occasions when carrying my service sized .357 mag is not practical, nor desirable choice for carry, [id really like to get a pocket .32 acp, or a s&w 60]

14. rhyno13

rhyno13 New Member

No, it's an older P230. I shot about 20 rounds through it, I love it.

15. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

What I don't understand is why anyone would carry a .22 for personal protection. (or a .25 for that matter) There is a heap of bad guys who could take many .22 shots then shove the empty gun up your anal orfice. They may die in two hours, but in the meantime, so may you. A .22 is like taking a pocket knife to a sword fight.

I carry daily, I carry a full-size 1911, I carry it in 100 degree heat, I am not a large man, and I carry comfortably. I carry for self defense, and I never feel like I am under-gunned.

16. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

Lol i agree whole heartedly, and it was funny to boot! :D. Imo i wouldnt carry anything smaller than a .380 and even that strictly from a statistical stand point is pretty light weight.

17. phildenton

phildenton New Member

That is your oppinion and your preference. As i said, its only as a backup, or if im not able to carry my full size 357, like to a wedding of anti gun cousins. You need to learn to read the full statement or stop trolling/baiting.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  18. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Agree to disagree. People should carry what they feel competent with. A well placed .22 sure beats a miss with a .45. Please don't argue this.

19. cnorman18

cnorman18 New Member

Hear, hear. As that great artist and philosopher, Frank Zappa, once said: "It has now been reliably determined that God does not want us all to be the same."