Weird advertising???

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Lonewolf Mcquade, Jul 27, 2020.

1. SK2344

SK2344 Active Member

My Friend, please stay in touch with REALITY! Things have been going Downhill in the last 5 decades or so in our Country and things have gotten worse with every Administration, no matter who is the President. No matter what they say at Election Time, after they get elected, prices go up, more and more products are made overseas, we keep losing our constitutional rights and now The Enemies From Within have taken a strangle hold on our country! This is a Fact of life in our so called Free Country! God Help the USA!

dango, ellis36 and primer1 like this.
  2. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

It is better that they waste their money preaching to deaf ears.

3. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

What is that last sentence in your post????

We should all practice saying that to ourselves in front of a mirror for 10 minutes every morning.

dango and donthav1 like this.
  4. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

Mc, I'm not trying to pick a fight but I'm responding to the little smart-a$$ dig at the end of your post. My reading comprehension skills are not that bad.

You didn't say that.

I'm willing to drop the whole discussion...if you are. As dango said....agree to disagree on this subject.

ellis

dango, kfox75 and winds-of-change like this.
  5. Mercator

Mercator Well-Known Member

Yes, it’s the Ad Council. It’s what they do. I think it’s a nonprofit specializing in (what they deem) public service announcements. They are on every tv channel, including the ones I am paying for. And everyone is kneeling and virtue signaling these days. I’d be surprised if this corporation refused to.

dango, kfox75 and ellis36 like this.
  6. Mercator

Mercator Well-Known Member

There is something else: the death of Black comedy. Imagine Sanford and Sons today? Or Kevin Hart’s Soul Plane? I doubt even Barbershop (with the anti Semitic Farrakhan follower Ice Cube) would be possible in 2020. What is left fr Chris Rock? I’ll miss it. I think most Black people will too.

7. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

Don't forget "The Jeffersons," ran almost 10 years. And their theme song "Movin' on Up!"
    Broached subjects that would bring about the vapors among viewers these days.

ellis

dango and Mercator like this.
  8. winds-of-change

The movie “Blazing Saddles”.

primer1, austin92, dango and 2 others like this.
  9. F4U

F4U Well-Known Member Supporter

Chris Rock is a great comedian, Kevin Hart is almost as good. I would not argue with anybody who reversed this order. Chris Rock announced a few years ago that he had quit booking shows on college campuses because college kids no longer have any sense of humor. Political correctness had destroyed their sense of humor.

Blazing Saddles absolutely could not be made now. Audiences would not get the parody of life at that time. It made fun of every racial stereotype, and in the process showed how flawed those stereotypes were. My 18 year old would not "get" it, she would be offended beyond words by the dialog, and completely miss that it is showing the stupidity of racism.

10. PANDEMIC

PANDEMIC Well-Known Member

I like Kevin Hart, I really liked his movie he did with Ice Cube a few years back in "Ride Along". Now that movie was funny! :D

Defintely a funny scene!

dango likes this.
  11. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

That Winds is sarcasm . We both worked very hard to get what little we do have . That "greed" thing was tanasity , the will to never give up . I do look into the mirror every morning and think , "what more can I do ? " so many are so much better off than us but then there are also so many with nothing . Not all that proud of the out come but am very proud of the effort .

MisterMcCool likes this.
  12. winds-of-change

I was talking about the sentence regarding to let it lie and agree to disagree.