Firearms Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· FAA licensed bugsmasher
7,137 Posts
I typically carry in my pocket, so first consideration is size, second is weight. If I was carrying say in a shoulder holster, flip those considerations.

7,137 Posts
I'm still trying to decide if I should replace my current carry piece or not. I too pocket carry, a fairly heavy gun, but can do so without need of belt. I just wonder how much of a difference a lighter gun would make as fast as comfort. I like shooting heavier guns, my accuracy is far better. I like knowing is there and not forgetting and walling into a government building.

I just don't know... Any thoughts or insights Scott?
Ask me in a month. I head to the range today to break in my new carry piece (Kahr PM9). My old carry piece is a S&W Bodyguard 380. The Kahr is significantly heavier. I'll try to remember to post a comparison after a few weeks.

7,137 Posts
I carried a Kahr PM 40 in a pocket holster for a BUG. Easy to carry but hard to control. Quality gun but beyond bad breath distance it was slow to get back on target because of recoil. I have it up for sale at my LGS.
I find the PM9 is very controllable. But considering what my XDM 40 was like, I don't think I would like the 40 in such a small package.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.