Firearms Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Banned
28,737 Posts
in Texas, if asked to leave, then there is no further action taken. now if you refuse to leave, then you can be charged with criminal trespassing and fined and the possibility of your CC permit being revoked.

some states, if caught carrying it is acrime even if asked to leave. different states have different laws pertaining to this. read the laws of the state you live or travel in to be on the legal side of things.

· Banned
28,737 Posts
So basically when we go to gun free zones we're all stuck in the dilemma of "obeying the law and be at the mercy of the criminals". Or "disobey the law but be able to protect ourself and others".... crappy
well fortunately, many schools are changing from Gun Free Zones to Gun Friendly Zones. a few here in Texas are and some other states as well. the trend is changing and people are seeing that after the Sandy Hook school shooting, that GFZ's don't work at keeping their children safe.

· Banned
28,737 Posts
To where you can go onto the campus armed?. I'm in AZ. We have to leave them in the vehicle
i don't about outsiders carring onto campus, but a few school districts are making it legal for some of the teachers and administrators to carry in school if they have a CC permit. is this a step in the right direction? yes it is! many more are giving it more and more thought.

check this thread out i started.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/another-texas-school-may-allow-concealed-carry-81571/

· Banned
28,737 Posts
Yea, that's Texas. I haven't heard of any other localities making such changes. There are some college level campuses that you can do such, but I've never seen a Gun Free Zone change to Gun Friendly anywhere. And even if they did, there are so many burning hoops to jump through to do it lawfully that if you so much as farted while walking with a gun on you you'd be breaking the law. It's just to complicated
there was another couple of states that were doing it as well. i think Montana or Wyoming and maybe Utah. someone posted information about it here on the forum a few weeks ago. maybe someone else can remember the other states doing it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.