Weigand scope mount red dot mount question

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by bamabrad22, Dec 31, 2014.

1. bamabrad22

bamabrad22 New Member

I am ordering a weigand scope mount for my GP100. I have a medium height red dot mount for the bushnell trs. Is this height fine or do I need a low mount or high mount? Any suggestions would be appreciated. This will be my first "scoped" handgun. Thanks [​IMG]

2. bamabrad22

bamabrad22 New Member

One more picture... [​IMG]

3. JCS53

JCS53 That looks like it hurt Lifetime Supporter

I used a straight out Flat Weigand on my S&W 460 XVR..I don't think it would have hurt to use the Medium though. I would say just a little different adjustment on the Dot when you zero it....

4. bamabrad22

bamabrad22 New Member

What do you mean straight out? You just used the optic straight to the rail? If so how was it in conjunction with your front sight. Thanks.

5. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Weigand scope mount on a gp100 ?? No ruger sights are useable. You take them off to install the weigand base. then set the optic on the rail and tighten down. Works great as is. No setup will allow you to see the standard sights.

Like this -
    [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03gOVDIcqu0[/ame]

Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
  6. bamabrad22

bamabrad22 New Member

I knew it would replace my sights, I was wanting to know if I should use a medium riser to mount to the weigand mount for mu red dot or a low riser or even a high riser or as mentioned above no riser at all. This will be my first "scoped" actually red dot on my revolver and was wanting opinions of how to mount the red dot. Appreciate the replys.

7. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

NO added riser. Just clamp the optic to the rail. DONE.

8. bamabrad22

bamabrad22 New Member

Perfect, thanks.

9. JCS53

JCS53 That looks like it hurt Lifetime Supporter

Exactly. Sorry I was out for a bit.