weekend plans

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by matt g, Oct 24, 2009.

1. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

Anyone doing anything cool this weekend?

I get to rake leaves and clean out gutters.

2. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

I get to help the in-laws pour and finish a patio today. :cool:

After I use my truck to haul the mini-mixer and forms. :rolleyes:

Jack

3. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

Wind storm two weeks ago broke a large (about 40') branch off tree in backyard. Will be bucking it up and hauling it off to dumps today.

4. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

Freakin pouring here again toady :mad: Looks like I'm gona winterize the boat and do the 30K service to the woman car.. So much for the day off :confused:

5. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

Finally got a saturday off. It just stopped raining.
    Im going Flintlock hunting. :cool:

Then I'll probly go out hunting again after dark, furbearer season just opened(fox,coon,etc)
    Hope to do some range work 2morrow

6. Hey-you-guys

Hey-you-guys New Member

Going to Baytown to watch my friend's dad at the drag races.

7. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

Laundry, aerate and seed the yard, clean some carpets..... Shot 100 rds yesterday afternoon right/left/both w/barricades, and hope to get in a little striper fishing at some point.

8. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I'm picking up some .30-06 Lake City Match ammo later this morning, then we're going to a pumpkin carving party this afternoon.

Tomorrow I'll be rehabbing the wheelbarrow and garden tools my wife let rust. :rolleyes:

9. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Got to go clean the Dog Kennels eventually.

10. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

Buck it up and sell it off. Aren't there many people with wood burning stoves in your area?

11. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

It's a Liquid Amber tree. There's a few people here with wood burning stoves there used to be alot more. This house has a gas fireplace. A friend came buy and took the larger logs to his house. He has a wood burning stove in his shop. The rest wasn't worth fooling with and I just back from the dumps getting rid of the small stuff.

Yard is good to go now.

12. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

Last night I went out with some friends, saw "Surrogates" and hated it. Today I worked a bit in the morning, after that I did a couple of hours of MMA training. In a couple of hours I'm meeting a friend for dinner, and then we're going to the theatre to see Soledad Barrio and Noche Flamenca (it's supossed to be really good, and she's been looking forward to it all week).

Tomorrow I'm going to work out with my coach (probably just weights, I don't think we'll fight) in the morning. Depending on how my arms are feeling I might go to the archery club. I want to catch up on some reading and write a few things in the afternoon.

13. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Today was my first day off in 4 months. Glorious!

Ran some errands (pet store, Lowes, Donut shop) with my daughter, did some essential house stuff, and returned some client calls.

Just chillin now but eyeballing a pile of Oleander that needs to be cut up and stuffed into the "clippings" bin.

But I'm feeling like working on some guns...

14. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

Sweet gum just isn't prime firewood, and the tendency for it to lose limbs every time a fat sparrow lights on it guarantees that what you DO take in the house is full of bugs.

15. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Well, today was take wife to work, run errands and school for college night class. Sunday - on the roof and winterized (clean too) the swamp cooler and fire up the heater!

16. BrassMonkey

BrassMonkey New Member Supporter

Went out and broke in a new AR today. Little wet and muddy at the farm but oh well still had fun. Looks like I will be mowing and doing winter preps around the house tomorrow.

17. Jess

Jess New Member

went and drooled over guns....bought the boy child a hunting bed....work both nights...tomorrow is sleeeeeeeping in day:cool:

18. TXnorton

TXnorton New Member

Already started half of it yesterday (Saturday). I bought Mrs. TXnorton a new 9mm, and this morning we take it out to the range and let her try it out.

I know, I'll get flamed for this, and after all it is a GIRL's gun, but I bought her a Walther model 99 in 9mm (polymer frame, 4" bbl, 15 shot double stack mag).

She definately wanted a high capacity automatic, but she does not have real strong grip strength, and she had problems cycling the slide on my Browning Hi-Power. So off we went to the local Bass Pro and let her try every 9mm Auto they had. The Walther has a light slide pull, and an easy (for her) to manipulate slide release, it also has an easy to use and obvious de-cock activator. It fit her hand well and she was comfortable with it. It has a nice double action trgger pull and an even better single action pull.

The Walther 99 is basically your generic ploymer framed striker fired automatic, but it is German made and therefore was a bit more expensive than the other options available.

While we were there I also picked up a Taurus 24/7 polymer/stainless with a 4" bbl, 12+1 d/s mag in .45 ACP to use as my "keep in the truck" gun.

Before I am acused of having the ghey, my favorite auto is my stainless Colt Gold Cup, but I could not see keeping that weapon rattling around in the console of my truck, or stand the thought of possibly losing it, hence the "throw-away" Taurus!:eek::eek:

Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
  19. zhuk

zhuk New Member

Shot shotgun clays for the first time. Embarassed myself with ridiculously bad score. Fun all round :D

20. DrGonzo11

DrGonzo11 New Member

I went to a crazy Halloween party and I am HURTING this morning. Here's my costume:

Attached Files: