Wedding gift

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by ss33204, Jun 12, 2013.

1. ss33204

ss33204 New Member

Hey everybody, i have the honour of being the best man for my cousins wedding. Was thinking for a gift I might try to find a shotgun. Looking for some ideas and input from everybody. I don't want to spend a fortune, does anyone know of any cool ideas?

2. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

I guess first of all I would ask what will he probably be doing with it if he gets it. What type of hunting, clay shooting, home defense or just to own one. Single Barrel, Pump, Semi-Auto, Over and Under and what price range did you have in mind? I think it is a great idea! And something he will have to keep to remember your friendship.

3. ss33204

ss33204 New Member

No definite use, just looking for some ideas. Any type, any model. I just want to hear some favourites and if anybody can think of a great shotgun that they would have appreciated for a gift from their best man.

4. readygirl

readygirl New Member

Just get him a Mossberg 500, with wood furniture. He can easily convert it, for any purpose he wants...

5. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

I would suggest either a Remington 870 or a Mossberg 500 Series Shotgun. Both are good quality for the money and will not cost you an arm and a leg! Not to mention they will last a lifetime with just simple care! I like the Mossbergs but the Remington would be my first choice. I have owned both and still do. Both great weapons.

6. TruggieTex

TruggieTex New Member

Ok. I'll go.....

A side by side, home defense 12 ga. With rail and light. Something with a stock that would fit either newlywed.

Thinking around $400 total....

7. readygirl

readygirl New Member

I like that idea too....this one is O/U. but has rails for all your toys. Mossy HS12, and is right in that $$$ range.

Attached Files:

8. Virginian

Virginian Active Member

Nobody ever didn't appreciate a gift Krieghoff.

9. akers06

akers06 New Member

That would be a real buddy there lol

10. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I always thought the brides father brought the shotgun.

11. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

JTJ, you just made me very glad that both my ex-FIL, and my current one are dead. Both passed before I married their daughters. I have enough fun just dealing with the BILs and the SIL.

12. Garadex

Garadex New Member

I know if someone bought me one I would be their best friend forever. (that sounds sissy-ish but it's true)

13. ss33204

ss33204 New Member

I've been looking at lots of sideXside stoeger shotguns, definitely a possibility. They definitely have the "above the fireplace" feel.

14. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Humm? It all depends? If this is a "Shotgun" Wedding a White SXS Dbl. barrel 12 Ga. is keeping with tradition.:eek: