Wedding gift ideas

Discussion in 'DIY Projects' started by bobbyjay256, Feb 26, 2013.

1. bobbyjay256

bobbyjay256 New Member

Sister is getting married and was going to make her and her husband something. Any DIY ideas out there?

2. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

Picture frames are always good. I know I have pictures all over. When I first moved out (years ago) my Uncle made me a shelf to hang on the wall for me to hold figurines that I collected. That was really cool too and I loved it because he made it. What things do they have in common? Maybe you could base their gift off of something that they both like.

3. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Newly weds always have that adjustment period. I would make a nice comfortable dog house for the groom. ;)

4. willshoum

willshoum New Member

New hobby.....

Hisn hers duck calls.......No not duck dynasty......;)

5. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Wills..........the original "Cajun Swamp Man".

I like ZG's idea. Many years ago, my brother made me a book shelf for my birthday. He built it, stained it, varnished it. In the wood, he inlaid a little 1" X 1" metal plaque of the month of Feb for that year. It was sweet and I have it to this very day.

Maybe a shelf or two to hang on the wall for wedding and other family pictures to sit on. Maybe make the frames instead of a shelf. Maybe a couple of Adirondack chairs for the patio.

There's nothing I treasure more than a wonderful home made gift.

6. rtaylor129

rtaylor129 New Member

My wife bought me and her a custom set if matching kimber 1911 that she had engraved now that is a wedding gift!

7. orangello

orangello New Member

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  8. willshoum

willshoum New Member

lol........

Cook Books......The art of BBQ, on charcoal......For the little lady......;)