Wedding gift engraving ideas

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by travis00, Jun 29, 2012.

1. travis00

travis00 New Member

Im getting married in september and am going to buy my fiancé a colt defender and want to personalize it a little. Looking for ideas on engraving. I was thinking about " My Bride, My Backup", but that's all Ive come up with. Any ideas from some of you creative people?

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

I like it. Add the date.

3. travis00

travis00 New Member

Good idea! Thanks

4. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Don't do it--------
    Just have a personal card to go with it ----

5. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i like the idea of the engraving and C3's idea of putting the date on it. just one small question, did she pick out the Defender or you? reason i ask is that handguns are really kind of personal and what suits one person's hand may not be the best choice for another person. just a suggestion to think about. many of us want to suprise someone with the gift of a firearm, but it's much better to let the intended recipient pick it out. i think you heart is in the right place and she will cherish the thought.

6. travis00

travis00 New Member

She's wanted a defender since the first time she shot one. She shoots it awesome!

7. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Ball and chain? :confused:

:p

8. jordan89

jordan89 New Member

Before you squeeze the trigger...remember I have crappy life insurance.

9. ellwood45c

ellwood45c New Member

I have learned form my mistakes, do not engrave the metal. Have something nice done with a coustome pair of grips they r easy to change if need be. Plus when u engrave a colt like that the value will decrease a bit. I had done a ruger single action for my ex, luckly all i had to do was change the back strap.

10. Vincine

Vincine New Member

Um . . . .

You’re going to give your intended a gun, to commemorate the event where she’ll be taking a vow of loyalty & faithfulness “. . . ‘til death do you part’?

Really?? You might want to rethink that.

;)

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  11. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

So for the rest of your married life with her she'll tell everyone "he gave me a handgun for a wedding present -- wrote 'you're my backup' on it."

Really? I know a guy who took his wedding photos at our shooting range -- he and his wife holding guns in their wedding ensemble (light blue tux -- what else). Before their bitter divorce, when he had one child and no money anymore, even shooters would always roll their eyes.

It's not the Superbowl and a Dorito's commercial.

12. mudpupp

mudpupp New Member

Romance is dead in this Forum. I think it's a great idea. However I think you need to get some more ideas.

Take if from someone who has been married more than 25 years.

The others all talk about value and divorce.

I think it shows a PERMANENT commitment.

It shows you will never stray ( I mean really, who arms someone, teaches then to use it, then cheats on them), and that you trust them with your life.

Just don't do anything corny on it. Like "I aim to love you" or "you are my main squeeze "

Good luck, congratulations, and remember "she is always right".!!

13. kycol

kycol New Member

How about:

I will always shoot you straight

Or

I'll bang you every weekend

Or

In thirty years use this on me

Or

I'll always protect you

14. machengative

machengative New Member

Just don't engrave "Till death do us part".

I like the idea of an engraved firearm though.

15. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

I like I'll always protect you.